OldSkool's 521 Thread...the Mad Idiots Journal.

oldskoolvws

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that orange one also looks like it has blazer rims on.

yup slots ......sold a pair to siqx620...... got two sets of buety rings like that if anybody is wanting to buck them....i like the look personally...not sure i would run it but i like its appearance....

whats up tanker u never been the same since your suspension.........u cant let that shit hold u back .... we all love u and your jort wairing ass...were not tearing your pawtner down were just suggesting our opinions..... dont take it personal...

shit im recently off my fourth vacation....if i let that shit bother me i would pour gas on my desk and burn the shit in efigy...besides people only usually take offense to things that are true..... hence the butt hurt that ensues....cheer up mug

yup slots ......sold a pair to siqx620...... got two sets of buety rings like that if anybody is want int buck them....i like the look personally...not sure i would run it but i like its appearance....

whats up tanker u never been the same since your suspension.........u cant let that shit hold u back .... we all love u and your jort wairing ass...were not tearing your pawtner down were just suggesting our opinions..... dont take it personal...

shit im recently off my fourth vacation....if i let that shit bother me i would pour gas on my desk and burn the shit in efigy...besides people only usually take offense to things that are true..... hence the butt hurt that ensues....cheer up mug

No i am cool,just tired of dealing with the shops and dirt bags I cant hit nobody cause i would get sued in this sue happy state full of queers.Did i say i got a FJ20 already.Talk about all smiles.and i am the higgest bidder on the red 521 in New York on ebay.check um out go.

wait u actually gots a fj.....nice.....internet high five...dude truck that bitch up here i can makes all u wantz happen.....i got a buddy that builds those racks for vw here locally.....i can link and coilover your shitz...fuck California.... i got about ten buddys that sent there custom trucks down there to ......devious ... mic......those fruit loops on sacto......totally polished... there all fucking hackers..... there mini truckers .....and minitruckers are flakes... i know i am one....seriously though ....all there trucks came back kinda wishy washy and ten grand later ..... plus 2-4 month's late everytime....too many people wanna say they had a truck built by....fill in the blank.....but in the end they just get a abortion for a border crossing and a light wallet...get yor ass up here.... i know i know its colder but .....way more datsuns to sight and attempt to by...plus yor dollar goes farther .....your little 500k house would net u nice place up here.....shit if u took that to texas u could live like geo bush...

• Like 1

i love it... cant stand the rear center caps.... get those plastic peices out of there and just paint the center of the axle shafts black to match the front hubs....

hey,  holy cheet,   i agree with erich on something.......this may be the start to a real good week.... ditch the caps gives a real les schwab feel to the wheel ...... especially when your truck is so epically beautiful....

Well, here's my quandary peeps. I have the original ALL STEEL center caps, that's what's in the back. The problem is I have 2 4" and 2 2-1/4". I CANNOT FIND ANYWHERE a set that I 1) Like 2) Will not look stupid 3) fit this stupid hole size (4-3/8"). The original caps look really good as shorts, but these longs are a bit much. But the detail is awesome. So if you can find me a 3" 4-3/8" push through center cap that looks good and will accept the smaller Rays stickers, I'm all about it. I may cut the backs shorter and round the edge to fit.

Maybe that's what I'll do. Install the shorter ones in the rear, cut the fronts to exact length. Unless you look closely, you'll never know. Hmmm....

But I don't disagree. Them 4x4 one's in the back gots to go. I threw them on for the show. I was running without them before that.

img2347xs.jpg

The two under the radiator are weak and get bent up pretty easily.  You can almost stand on the bumper and bend them down, but you run the risk of damaging the bumper or grill.....so it's best to take them off.  While you're at it, you may want to figure out how to weld on a bit of reinforcement....but then again....I'd rather have the brackets bend with a light tap than to have the bumper dent.

Thanks Mike. I'll figure out. I hate the fact they dip down. Looks droopy.

Did they do any judging at the show.lol

Nope, just they way I like it. Non of that Datso-drama associated with it (stolen from Pitch Perfect, and don't act like you haven't watched it).

it shouldnt bee that hard to shorten them and you can use a ballpeen hammer to round the edged out so they are captive, ot just throw a few tack welds on them so they have some extra material.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm going to try to find some PVC pipe or something that this slips into, cut it slightly smaller in length than what I need. I'll cut off the bulk of the cap and then place the cap in the  PVC open end up, set it on a table. If I measured right, it should be about a 1/16" sticking up. Hammer that 1/16"  down to a 90 degree angle using the PVC as a mold.

That's the ticket.

• Like 1

You bought some of my stickers, right? I don't remember. 

I bought a few Datsun Religion and a few Japanese Classic's.Was that you? Other than that, I scored an Offy mani for cheap and single tail light surround. I need to get a hold of polisher for the other one.

I bought a few Datsun Religion and a few Japanese Classic's.Was that you? Other than that, I scored an Offy mani for cheap and single tail light surround. I need to get a hold of polisher for the other one.

Asian male with DSLR and long hair, yes. 

Or maybe you bought some from my dad.