OldSkool's 521 Thread...the Mad Idiots Journal.

oldskoolvws

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is for the lowz.

they are top out... like when your truck is off the ground, removing them wont help it be any lower... my truck is only an inch off the bump stop mounts with no stops... and thats after it has beat them flat from big bumps, ive still got top stops....

only reason i gould see is for a clean look but you cant see in there anyways....

i removed the top stops too but for no real gain i saw just that they were in the way ... i, like erich, run no bump stops for the lowz......kinda crazy......i had to raise the shock towers out front and now i get metal on metal,  before the shocks were bottoming out....but for the lows it was worth it .. mines only temporary ... till i procede with operation black sock mafia....the rear, my shocks runb the rear end housing and i desperatly need more clearance.....720 4x4 springs are far softer then the stock 2wd ones... the rear pumpkin hts the cross member too before i bottom out on the frame...IE,  the rear shock tower crossmember could stand to be moved back a few inches to fix both problems...

why did you remove the top out stops from the arms?

Mainly because when I cut off the other half off the frame, they'll have nothing to hit hehehe...mainly to clean up the frame for clearance and working on the truck, nothing more really.

i removed the top stops too but for no real gain i saw just that they were in the way ... i, like erich, run no bump stops for the lowz......kinda crazy......i had to raise the shock towers out front and now i get metal on metal,  before the shocks were bottoming out....but for the lows it was worth it .. mines only temporary ... till i procede with operation black sock mafia....the rear, my shocks runb the rear end housing and i desperatly need more clearance.....720 4x4 springs are far softer then the stock 2wd ones... the rear pumpkin hts the cross member too before i bottom out on the frame...IE,  the rear shock tower crossmember could stand to be moved back a few inches to fix both problems...

How much did you raise your tower?

Are you notched? Seems like a lot of issues already...damn now I gotta go search for you.

Stupid. I'm assuming now that we switched to the "new" Ratsun, I can't go back and edit posts in this thread now (the early ones) like I had planned. I was going to put all this in post #2, I had reserved.

HERE ARE SOME OTHER POSTS RELATED TO THIS TRUCK (and others, mainly for my reference):

LEAF SPRINGS: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/54215-au-rite-e-weve-talked-about-torsion-time-for-leafs/?p=893610

TORSION BARS: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/51115-are-the-nismo-hd-torsions-still-available/

OLDSKOOL TRUNNION MGB SEAL (LOWER KING PIN SEAL MOD): http://community.ratsun.net/topic/41333-kingpin-rebuild-mklotz70/?p=926455

MKLOTZ Z'D CONTROL ARMS: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/12070-lower-control-arm-z-mklotz70/

MIKUNI CENTERPULL LINKAGE: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/48585-dual-mikuni-center-pull-setup/

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well been playing with Mama's beemer. I did slip in some time thought to redo one of the two ashtrays I got from Eric and Charlie. I apologize, I'm not sure who sent me this one. But for two metal ashtray's there are differences. I'll show you later.

-Media blasted in and out. Didn't want to pop the rivets so I put it in the ultrasonic cleaner afterwards. This is three different colors. I didn't go with powder coating because my dash is SEM semi black and I want it (ashtray) off color just a little. With the paint, I can media and paint all day long until I match a color I like.

First the inside. This is that kitchen appliance enamel. Nice and tough for all that change. No primer per Rustoleum.

xzs0.jpg

d8q4.jpg

fr0.jpg

Next came outside bottom. I went with professional rustoleum, silver. Base is self etch primer.

vgv6.jpg

uwzx.jpg

fpov.jpg

And then the top. I'm trying my Wurth flexible trim black. Came out pretty good.

wc9w.jpg

wc9w.jpg

l8zd.jpg

I let it all cure for a few days. Lubricate the slide clips with graphite dry lubricate and push her in the hole. Got a few dusties in the paint, but hey, it's old. Done.