OldSkool's 521 Thread...the Mad Idiots Journal.

oldskoolvws

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid. I'm assuming now that we switched to the "new" Ratsun, I can't go back and edit posts in this thread now (the early ones) like I had planned. I was going to put all this in post #2, I had reserved.

I was able to edit your second post and can add stuff if your not able too. I will see if this is something we can fix.

If you want to PM me, we can discuss updating your earlier posts with whatever you like til then. 

Love the truck :cool:

I was able to edit your second post and can add stuff if your not able too. I will see if this is something we can fix.

If you want to PM me, we can discuss updating your earlier posts with whatever you like til then. 

Love the truck :cool:

You da man. It actually lets me edit right now. If I get other issues.....I'll be there!!!!

Working on a few things to make the L-Series a little more "cool". Not bling bling, but technology. It has started.

My engine bay is all original though. I gots the break fluid patina down to the minor surface rust to areas with purfect paint. I started to compound the paint and it looks really good. I've been thinking about buffing all the existing paint, cleaning the patina up a bit and leaving it for that beat down, shiny, rustic look kind of cool look. Or spraying the bay....but then the engine comes out....and then there goes the $$$.

What you guys think. I need a plan for the bay.

P.S. My guage solution is tight as f***. When it's installed (making modifications), I'll shoot a teaser.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I loves me some spam musubi....

Worked on the truck today.

- gauges mounted

- straightened bent hood hinge to even gap lines

- pulled rear shackle to measure for bushings

- installed the Krecs MSD wire separator special

- Pulled hood latch and pin to clean, paint and lubricate. I bought a "new" set form fleabay, what a POS.

- rebuilding a pair of HIF44 SU's that I picked up from the yard from a 60's Volvo.

• Like 1