Sightings 2, the not a datsun but... Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Albertsons' parking lot in Denton TX. A Big Bad Baja. My Cousin has a little 21' model with a 600hp supercharged 502 MerCruiser. He says it gets a little loose over 110. Not with me in it! These people are crazy, no telling what this monster will do. Maybe a little hypocritical from someone who likes to fly inverted but at least I got a little room to recover if I screw up.

IMAG0241_zpsd47cecb5.jpg

• Like 1

yea the off shore boats are the balls.

my friends got a 38' with twin blown big blocks, its good for 110. Really fast on the water, but truthfully more fun than scary especially when the boat is long enough and made for it. They are pretty stable at speed. Speed has a lot more to do with hull design than power (unless your talking little drag boats, cause they just get out of the water)

I have a 21' that's good for 75, which is PLENTY fast for me. Bigger the boat, bigger the motor, bigger the blower the bigger the fuel bill though. I couldn't afford to keep gas in a big cigarette. OR at least it would drink so much i'd have a hard time enjoying it knowing how damn much it was costing me.

• Like 1

Saw Bananhamuck's son rocking my old wheels on I-5 south of Olympia, he was checking out my Valiant on the way back from the Long Beach. It was running a little hot so I had the hood strapped to the roof.

IMAG0543_zps59799be4.jpg

IMAG0550_zps80871f25.jpg

• Like 3

Hot Rod Magazine does a video series of crazy adventures called Road Kill. When things start running hot they take the hood off so I tried it and the engine temp dropped ten degrees. I still need to flush the radiator though as it's pretty clogged

• Like 1

Is it actually getting hot, or just the gauge reading high?

I installed an inexpensive Sunpro mechanical temp gauge. It shows 180 or below at low speeds and stop and go traffic but runs over 200 on the freeway. The radiator is in pretty bad shape and just doesn't seem to be able to do the job at higher engine speeds