Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw this '71 Corolla near Petersburg,VA.I had one just like it that I bought around 1975.

Mine was a 1200 that i paid $1200 for.It was fairly gutless,but it would get over 50 mpg

back in the 55mph days.

I later put a 1600 Corolla engine in it ("Yeah,it's got a Hemi!"),had it painted a bright

Corvette Can Am White & put the '74 SR5 metal flares on it.I left the flairs Black,& painted

the lower part of the body black too.It also had 4 spoke mags with Radial T/A's.

It'd probably be worth a small fortune now. 

001.JPG

• Like 2

Not sure where this goes, but it definitely aint no Datsun ..  FAT was changing his plugs the other night after fighting his girlfriends Honda fit rear drums forever .  

it's advertised as 412 hp,,  i assume that's still measured at the crank,  but i dunno

it does pull pretty hard 

SKe4UEB.jpg

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Seems a bit high for NA. The 2013 Shelby 500 was 550 and it was a supercharged 5.8 liters.

internet says your a bit low on numbers 

2012 GT CS - 412hp 

2013 Shelby GT500 - 662hp 

Fat510 has only rode me around in it once , but it did put your head back for such a heavy vehicle. 

Dude I went to college with had a pretty mean 72 Pinto hatch with tunnel rammed 302 , and it seemed at least as fast as that.    But that thing was probably geared to go very short distances 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 1

This one had been send down to Las Vegas? for a $39,000 additional 300 HP Super Snake package to be added. So 850 HP? It included a larger SC but I think better tires and brakes were included. First second and third felt the same as the tires were at the edge of their grip due to the ABS traction package holding it back. This was outside Calgary where the roads would support high speeds. It went well over a buck fifty but the speedo was in KPH and maxed out at 200. I was well into sixth  when I let off and it was a long long time before it was reading below 200KPH. I think you could switch to MPH but I was really scared to look away from the highway to find it. I added this to my bucket list and checked it off.

• Like 2