Skeleton Bones // 510 4 Door project.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This popped up on craigslist in Eugene yesterday and, just for shits and giggles we offered to trade the guy a surfboard and a camera lens. Shit got real when he said he'd take it. Drove up there today, gave him a surfboard and the lens, we got a title and a 510. Over the next few months we'll be putting it together and hopefully having it done for Canby. My brother should be making an account on here soon to help keep things updated. More pics later.

Minimal rust, but completely stripped.

2012-08-31.jpg

396109_10151203751895730_2066812124_n.jpg

Nice project.

• 3 weeks later...

I know of a hood that could be repaired and be serviceable. Owners told me it was scrap metal because part of the frame was damaged. Other then that it's pretty straight. They also have a huge pile of parts including all doors.

Interested? Pm me.

that link don't work as it is a private album or one only you and/or your friends can see

430991_10151180817555730_1303096190_n.jpg

There we go. haha

Glad the ball is rolling... Let me knew if you need those parts we talked about. December should be plenty of time to be ready for paint. Start the new year with a clean shell... I like it.

For sure. I think that's going to be the next thing after we get our hands on the rest of the body panels.

And here are the doors leaned up against the truck, ready for sanding/halfway sanded.

IMG_0470%255B1%255D.JPG

How is that truck lit up?? ... that's an amazing photo .... was it a long shtter speed, or a flash on the truck, or edited???

Flash about 3-4 feet from the truck on the drivers side 'shopped out I think, and the sun was low behind it so it gave it a nice glow. My brother knows better about what he did, I just held the flash. haha

Got a dark oic of the dash. Mint condish, no cracks. If nothing else on the car ends up being ridiculously nice, this will.

IMG_0478%255B%255D.jpg

Glad someone here snatched up this dash. I went to check it out and passed on it, but bought some other goodies.

Don't paint anything. I'd love to see it built with cast off bent and rusted parts with a killer stance and wheels. Ruby needs a twisted sister!

If I'm going to drop a few grand building a 510, I'm making it look nice and doing it right. If sometime down the road I come across a dime I don't have build from the ground up, I may make it ratty, but not this time.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't paint anything. I'd love to see it built with cast off bent and rusted parts with a killer stance and wheels. Ruby needs a twisted sister!

^this

My opinion is get it put together up and running how u want then tear it down and paint her up good. I also understand to build the car up after paint. Do you have a hood and trunk lid? Valence? Fenders? Anyways good luck with the build, will be cool to see it completed

^this

My opinion is get it put together up and running how u want then tear it down and paint her up good. I also understand to build the car up after paint. Do you have a hood and trunk lid? Valence? Fenders? Anyways good luck with the build, will be cool to see it completed

We're still getting all the parts together. I don't get paid until mid November so until then it's all on my brother with what parts we get. The unofficial goal is still to have it painted for the new year.

• 1 month later...

Finally made some progress here. We've both been ridiculously busy with work and whatnot so we haven't been able to dedicate much time to this, but that's a good thing. We've got datto monies so we're getting more warmed up to the idea of a KA or SR. I sent a chunk of money to my brother the other day to spend on this project. He got some fenders from Draker today.

IMG_4912.JPG

IMG_4919.JPG

IMG_4920.JPG

IMG_4922.JPG

IMG_4924.JPG

A little rusty, but it's good to see her finally get some fenders. The artwork distracts from the rust, anyways. haha More to come soon. We're still trying to get everything together for paint by January 1.

• Like 2

Good to see these get used. I think that rust spot can be repaired because other than that, those fenders are pretty straight. The art work is pretty interesting. No cat sightings on those fenders, but Antwon Dawson and pedo bear!

Lets get this car put together!

• Like 1

Tried 2 of the doors on, and got the dash in. It's starting to look more like a car. lolololol

398514_10151246471595730_1729378327_n.jpg

WOW!!! What a difference something as simple as bolting on a couple doors makes!!! The car is looking good so far, keep up the good work and make it a beauty. :thumbup:
  • Like 1