a combo of long hair+looking at something far away

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak
meh, screw em. You gotta be over 50, love giant land yachts and poor gas mileage & handling, have a receeding hairline, and drink Nati light before you drive one of those things :P

Well not really,I like some old skool rides.

But they do tend to shun us import car owners alot..

There are the odd ones that really like our old skool dattos ;)

But at least the datto scene was represented ,

Good on you Moisabamf.

:cool:

worst part is , i lost the best student car class to a volvo

not a rare old volvo, just a stereotypical volvo

i was stunned to say the least.

oh and to add to the old guy shunning out cars thing

this dude came up to me once and said "why dont you stop playing with toys and get a car"

i dont care who you are, you just dont go up to somebody's car and insult them

so i replied " why dont you stop kidding yourself and you actually restore a car, instead of having your checkbook do all the work for you"

he looked pissed. i had a good laugh about that one

worst part is , i lost the best student car class to a volvo

not a rare old volvo, just a stereotypical volvo

i was stunned to say the least.

oh and to add to the old guy shunning out cars thing

this dude came up to me once and said "why dont you stop playing with toys and get a car"

i dont care who you are, you just dont go up to somebody's car and insult them

so i replied " why dont you stop kidding yourself and you actually restore a car, instead of having your checkbook do all the work for you"

he looked pissed. i had a good laugh about that one

hah thats a pretty good one.

Fortunately most people i've come across here in oregon seem to have some respect for older datsuns / imports.

Great answer tho. I don't know why they are such jerks towards imports in your area.

" why dont you stop kidding yourself and you actually restore a car, instead of having your checkbook do all the work for you"

Fucking priceless!! If you could only see my smile!!! :D That will teach him :D

I feel your pain, people always pic on my Datto's, mostly my truck. "get a real truck." That kinda stuff, why do people have to be rude? O well the little old cars make me happy :D

Easy with the old guy shit.

I'm old enough to be most of youse guys dad...and I might be, who knows. I could have met your MAMAS in my time.

I'm out bustin my knuckles on my old 73 620 more often than I like to be,so chill out on the old guy schtick!:D

I feel your pain, people always pic on my Datto's, mostly my truck. "get a real truck." That kinda stuff, why do people have to be rude? O well the little old cars make me happy :D

Just tell them it is a real truck, a mini truck, and one of the sexist ever built :D

I'm old enough to be most of youse guys dad...and I might be, who knows. I could have met your MAMAS in my time.

I'm out bustin my knuckles on my old 73 620 more often than I like to be,so chill out on the old guy schtick!:D

I'm almost as old a dave, :D and like ALL old iron and love car shows and wrecking yards. There's just never enough time to truly examine every car and so I have to skim over many. Some get more attention because of the time limits and these would include late '60s early '70 muscle cars and the love of my life... the Datsun.

Moisabamf, their comments aren't ment to hurt (although they are rude and thoughtless), they are just proud of their own cars, as are we. I have more respect for someone who builds a car than those who throw money at it and waits for it to be finished. That's a fine little car and you have no idea how I envy you.

see my sig ;)

yeah. i kn ow the feeling. i get told to get a real car when i am in my rabbits. hell even been told to get a real truck driving my rabbit pickup. i tell em i have real cars and trucks. got a mercury grand marquis, a caprice wagon and a 34 ton dodge. they usually shut up after that. as for the datto.... love it!

i rolled though a local car show at a chicken restaurant the other night in my b210. i swear these guys looked away like they just saw a person theyd'e rather not talk too! all a sudden there's somthing interesting about the blacktop or something.

just casually mention to em how easy it must be to be able to go to a vatozone and buy "custom" parts for their detroit anchor. and how you alway have to make stuff to work :fu:

im actually a prospect for a local old american muscle car club, but i only got yota's, tho just about every one of mine is more custom then any of their cars im starting to have second thoughts about the club due to a comment one of the members made to me...

"dude every time i see you your always talking about cars... dont you do anything else?":confused:

i told him ya, when im not talking about cars im reading about em in forums:D

^ what ?!? no trucks?

checked out ultimateyota.com?

Fucking priceless!! If you could only see my smile!!! :D

:D mine too!

classic :cool:

the mall wheelers are even worse than the rodders when it comes to stupid comments...

doesnt that thing EVER see dirt?

uhh....

yeah, id hate polishing 20" wheels on my off-raod vehicle too :fu:

man, i love that 1200. thats the same color im painting my mazda. i really dig taking my 320 to local car shows and being the only jap vehicle there because its so unique. there is always about half the people there that dont like my truck because its not american but then there is the other half that always want to talk about their parents old datsun or their old one. it seems that everyone around my town seems to have their own datto stories to tell. i even found my bumperettes from talkin to someone that came up to me saying he saw one in a field.

man, i love that 1200. thats the same color im painting my mazda. i really dig taking my 320 to local car shows and being the only jap vehicle there because its so unique. there is always about half the people there that dont like my truck because its not american but then there is the other half that always want to talk about their parents old datsun or their old one. it seems that everyone around my town seems to have their own datto stories to tell. i even found my bumperettes from talkin to someone that came up to me saying he saw one in a field.
Not american? Well, just ask them what they think about the Japanese companies with factories here in the US and US companies farming out their factories to Mexico, etc :lol:

that reminded me of how pissed this guy was when we were watching the daytona 500 right when the toyotas started racing and he didnt like them because they were japanese and i explained how it was the only car built in the US in production.

2eDeYe;61347'']Just tell them it is a real truck, a mini truck, and one of the sexist ever built :D

First Datsun mini trucks imported in '59

FORD: imported the first Courier (Mazda) a whole 13 years later in '72 replacing it with the now well known Ranger, 11 years later in '83.

G.M.: imported the Chevy LUV by Isuzu also 13 years after Datsun and replaced with the S-10 Blazer in '82.

Dodge: Imported the Mitsubichi Ram D-50 mini truck in '79 until replaced in '87 with the Dakota.

Datsun beat the big three to the punch by over a decade when it introduced us to the 'mini truck'. Here's just some of the firsts by Datsun:

* 1969, first half-ton compact pickup

* 1975, first long bed compacts

* 1977, first extended cab compact truck

Nissan became the first auto importer to manufacture pickups in the United States in '83. Damn friggin' straight it's a real truck. Everyone's been catching up and copying ever since. Tell them THAT!!!