What I'm working with!

uberkevin

Looks like Blacks prewired "thing" only works with s-13 down 94 or down because I have the 1995 ka24de and I used the can box it's easy as you say kev just need to jump in it :) and as far as the alternator u kinda have to do the Internal regulated upgrade on your truck as you wire up the alternator I hope this helps ask me if you needs more info

I swap to a internal regulated alt a while ago... when I still had an l20b.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Usually there is a lower engine harness with tranny plugs as well as the alternator harness that plugs into the main engine harness. You may be missing this harness? For the most part the wires on the alternator are going to be running to your stock 521 harness. Looks like early 90's d21 and pathfinder use the same alternator socket, could just snag the pigtail off one of them.

Sounds like I'm missing the harness your speaking of.. but yeah I'll get the pig tail and just use my stock 521 alt wires without the T plug..

Now I'm stuck on the coil wires..

I found what I think might be the wires I need in the harness. But really not sure do to the fact that there was a bundle of plus wrapped up in what looked factory tape...

Wanna post a picture or something

Of what I should be plugging into the coil.

• Like 1

It isn';t the ECU end we're having problems with ,, that end seemed pretty straight forward and he had that done lickety split..BUT  The engine end of that harness he is using is insane...  and the plugs it does have are so banged up and faded,, and in one case shortened for some damn reason.. it is really hard to even figure out where they used to go.

Like the coil wire he mentioned ,, up there,, from the wiring diagram we seemed to find it,,, but it was wrapped up tighter than shit in a ball of tape,, when we first started this morning..

Looks like Blacks prewired "thing" only works with s-13 down 94 or down because I have the 1995 ka24de and I used the can box it's easy as you say kev just need to jump in it :) and as far as the alternator u kinda have to do the Internal regulated upgrade on your truck as you wire up the alternator I hope this helps ask me if you needs more info

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that I am really just trying to help out here

I had a problem with my maf harness it didn't have a plug and it was extended for some reason as well

And me I didn't bother with the bottom end of the harness where it splits on the 95 s14 I just took it apart took o lay what I needed for the starter and the alternator

I wish I could help with the coil but I disk have to do coil wires

• Like 3

This is what I'm talking about, the coil wires or at least what I believe to be the coil wire'clip' it was wrapped in here.

20160126_193816_edit_1453942433525_3.jpg

After looking on the wire diagram I found that a blk/red stripe and a black one wnt to the coil. Them two wires happen to be in this clip that was all tapped up... and it fits. But doesn't really let me add anything to it like from my ign, or my rpm gauge.

• Like 1

Tach signal is pin 3 yellow/red wire from ecu. Coil should run a spark plug type wire to the distributor. Also your stock ignition wire should run to the relay on position 86 that your brown/red wire runs to.

• Like 1

The stock black\white wire that used to run to the coil will now run to the relay that controls the brown/red wire coming out of the ecu. I'm not sure how blackmarket does their system so I can't be anymore specific.

• Like 2

Basically its the easiest way to tell the computer to start the engine, it gets that signal then sends it out to the starter and coil. Also the orange wire coming from the ecu will be running to the starter rather than the stock wire

• Like 1

So heres what happened.

2016-01-28%2009.05.32_2.jpg

The three plugs on th left were in the tape on the right. The one wire 'red line' black/red stripe is what my pinout says to be my ign wire pin #36. Can I just cut that wire and put a connect on it then put my stock black/white wire to th other tab?

• Like 1

Pulled up the FSM, went through ten pages of wiring diagrams, finally found the coil in the diagram. Its a black/red and Light Green/Black wire. 

I think its the furthest left plug in that bundles pic.

• Like 2

Holt shit 10 pages?

And that would make sense being it wasn't wrapped up, and the maf plug is right there.

Also the black/red striped wire is there. Now I've gotta find out what the green wire is to see if I need to keep that connected to the coil.. cuz the plug (black/red and Light Green/Black wires) doesn't fit the coil. And still leaves me asking what I do with the stock wires. I believe I had the red/black wire hooked up but not to the ignition switch. So pointless.. so that's leaves only the black with white striped wire. And that ran to my ign... with the new blackmarkit fuse box I have this here yellow wire to the same spot the red black wire goes..

2016-01-28%2014.19.32.jpg

• Like 1