What I'm working with!

uberkevin

And it looks like I don't need the green wire hooked up.. or so I'm thinking..

Screenshot_2016-01-28-14-30-25_1.png

The litegreen/black wire turns into a yellow and red wire that runs to pin #3 and that's my tach signal.. or would be in a 240sx.. so I kinda need that but don't do to aftermarket tech... sooo I'll cut the clip? Or what? Now that I know I can tape back up the bundle of wires..

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Key start on the datsun switch is black/yellow looks like he wants you run that to the orange wire on the ecu, looking at the wiring diagram it does run to the switch in the 240. I'll look more in a bit.

• Like 1

Soooo I'll run the yellow wire to that same starter wire spot.. on the ignition..

I asked blackmarkit just to make sure where to put that yellow wire on the ign and this is what he said.

"You can do either way. You will probably never need that white plug unless you plan on putting the back into a s13. You can run the wire to the start position on the key switch or to the signal wire to the starter solenoid"

• Like 1

The blue wire runs to my tech, the gray one ran to my matchbox and the red one as well..

So.. I still think I wasn't using the stock black/red striped wire.. so this leave the black/white that needs to go to the + side of my new coil, and NOW the new black/red striped wire needs to also run to the + side of the coil??

• Like 1

hey at least you have the time to be working on it consistently and aren't putting things in places never to be found until you move the truck and clean the garage

yeah, i'm sure i'm going to be missing half of my motor when i finally get around to getting it built. 

i did suggest pulling the whole harness and starting over towards the beginning. i wouldn't be surprised if the coil was in the living room on the table. or in the bathroom. or the bedroom. did you search the whole house yet?

• Like 1

So where did he have you run the the 14g yellow wire?

I asked.

Hey man that's a picture of the ecu, I'm looking at the orange wire pin 34. How would you normally run that orange wire to the key start position? Would you remove from that white clip or splice into it and run a new wire to the ign?

Just wondering what you would do.

20160122_161113.jpg

He said.

"You can do either way. You will probably never need that white plug unless you plan on putting the back into a s13. You can run the wire to the start position on the key switch or to the signal wire to the starter solenoid"

So I cut the orange wire from the white clip and made it long enough to reach the ignition.

And was going to put it to the ign-post on the

Ignition switch.

2016-01-28%2016.36.24_2.jpg

But I believe it should got to the same wire my black/yellow wire goes, the center post on the Ignition switch.

2016-01-28%2016.47.32.jpg

• Like 1

Ok it makes a bit more sense now, he has the 14 gauge yellow wire replacing the the stock black/white wire. and yes the orange should go to same one as the black/yellow. Just spent 2 hours trying to get a quick connect a/c line off. Fuck Ford.

• Like 1