What I'm working with!

uberkevin

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When we got her she was almost dead from malnutrition.  She was owned by Senator McCain's son and He got her at 2 months old.  When he went to college a cousin took over the care of Buttercup.  The cousin and his wife would throw a head of leaf lettuce in her cage once a week.  They never cleaned her cage.  They had her for about a year before we rescued her.  First thing we did was take her to the vet.  The vet found parasites in her poop.  The vet told us that we would not see any improvement for at least a year.

We fed her all fresh food and veggies and fruit as much as she would eat.  Also gave her a bath once a day.  We set her cage up with proper lighting on a timer 14 hours a day.  Installed a heater to maintain temp and also installed a humidifier.   She was allowed out of her cage whenever she wanted.  I think the thing that helped her the most was she went outside in our back yard.  she would stay out all day.

It took a little time to teach her the boundaries of the back yard but in a short time we could leave her out all day.  The way I trained her to the boundaries was whenever she went where she was not supposed to be I brought her inside and put her in her cage.

In six months she was a fat and sassy lizard.

It was fun to watch her chase the cat out of her back yard.

Buttercup would at dusk crawl up in our orange jubilee bush and go to sleep.  Her are some pictures of Princess Buttercup.  Loved that lizard.  I never thought a lizard could have a personality let alone be trainable!

DSC00532.jpg

PhotoBucket is being a turd!

Buttercup loved fresh dark Bing cherries!

• Like 3

When we got her she was almost dead from malnutrition.  She was owned by Senator McCain's son and He got her at 2 months old.  When he went to college a cousin took over the care of Buttercup.  The cousin and his wife would throw a head of leaf lettuce in her cage once a week.  They never cleaned her cage.  They had her for about a year before we rescued her.  First thing we did was take her to the vet.  The vet found parasites in her poop.  The vet told us that we would not see any improvement for at least a year.

We fed her all fresh food and veggies and fruit as much as she would eat.  Also gave her a bath once a day.  We set her cage up with proper lighting on a timer 14 hours a day.  Installed a heater to maintain temp and also installed a humidifier.   She was allowed out of her cage whenever she wanted.  I think the thing that helped her the most was she went outside in our back yard.  she would stay out all day.

It took a little time to teach her the boundaries of the back yard but in a short time we could leave her out all day.  The way I trained her to the boundaries was whenever she went where she was not supposed to be I brought her inside and put her in her cage.

In six months she was a fat and sassy lizard.

It was fun to watch her chase the cat out of her back yard.

Buttercup would at dusk crawl up in our orange jubilee bush and go to sleep.  Her are some pictures of Princess Buttercup.  Loved that lizard.  I never thought a lizard could have a personality let alone be trainable!

DSC00532.jpg

PhotoBucket is being a turd!

Buttercup loved fresh dark Bing cherries!

Thats crazy! Really cool you saved her! And was able to teach her boundaries, something we need to do! It's hard here and even harder where we were living, to leave her outside.. hawks at the old house and here therE's just no sun!

• Like 2

I just looked for the pictures I have of Buttercup and they are gone, hard drive is loosing sectors.

The reason for the morning baths was to moisten here skin but most of all to get her to poop.  I would run about 2" of luke warm water and put here in and within 20 minutes she would poop and I would drain the tub and bath her with the hand held shower head making sure she had no poop under her legs and belly.  You have to have shower doors or she will crawl out at first after she got used to taking her baths Buttercup would go into the bathroom after her morning feeding.  She was a fun lizard.

• Like 1

Wow that's a long lived iguana must have been one happy beast. I love Gamma she's pretty awesome a handfull but awesome.

As for my truck... thank you... but I need to really pick up the pace. And put more of my time into her. I gotta move in probably 6 months so I've got some work to do... getting my job back soon I hope.. lol. So that will help move things along.

And if Jrock buy me a battery.

the battery that wont crank over if you have the lights on ....... apparently i need to make him sandwiches and shit too cause the  good deal on the subaru and taking over a broke motor weren't enough lol .... I'm researching where to get  a better deal you fuckhead ... fucking fruit booters...... 

• Like 1

We should do next Tuesday ,,,

I looked at the picture i drew after looking at Redeyes  big green wiener truck and i am almost positive he has the fuel pressure regulator hooked straight into that small vacuum line sticking out (and up ) that you can see in your picture of new injector plugs.. ..   Chris' 620 had the exact same thing going on when he walked me around his.   Apparently all it needs is vacuum signal to work,,,,,,,,,, simple as that.

• Like 3

Uberkevin are you using the iguana bulbs for Gamma's lighting?  Very important they get correct lighting it helps them digest there food.  You can set the lights up in her favorite basking place and set it up with a motion sensor so it is only on when she is there.

Look at the picture of Buttercup notice the muscular legs.  Putting her on a diet of fresh greens was like giving her steroids!

Dr Fosters and Smith

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=6531

p-231911-89722R_017.jpg

https://www.pricefalls.com/product/zoo-med-iguana-light-50-ultraviolet-flourescent-bulb-15in/3603615?source=GoogleShopping&medium=cpc&term=PLA-SC&content=88934316271product_type_l1pet+supplies%26custom0p22550&campaign=GlobalPets&adpos=1o8&creative=80154987871&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CLGjq7nDvMoCFc9gfgodRJoCDQ

http://zoomed.com/db/products/EntryDetail.php?EntryID=46&SearchID=5

• Like 2

That's a great idea! The motion sensor!

Those look just like the bulbs we get,

UVA/UVB lighting, I think we have two in here cage, and a heat lamp, and then another Light on the cat tree haha

Lexi thinks she needs more light. Annnd she probably could stand more. Lol.

We try to get her in the bath every morning, she'll chill in there a while and then climb out when she feels. We keep the bedroom door shut so she doesn't fuck with brakables..

Gamma loves chillen on boxes, we have a few costco boxes in the house'The ones they give you to carry your stuff' and love the cat tree.

She learned that people are warm too so if I'm laying on the floor she come over and lay on my legs or my face.

• Like 2

We should do next Tuesday ,,,

I looked at the picture i drew after looking at Redeyes  big green wiener truck and i am almost positive he has the fuel pressure regulator hooked straight into that small vacuum line sticking out (and up ) that you can see in your picture of new injector plugs.. ..   Chris' 620 had the exact same thing going on when he walked me around his.   Apparently all it needs is vacuum signal to work,,,,,,,,,, simple as that.

Yeah man come on over Tuesday.

I'll be here. Maybe Ill get my new clip done. So that we can crank the bitch.. maybe.

• Like 2

The little translucent bubble on her head is where she absorbs the uvb through.  When we first got buttercup she let the cats and the great dane know "Don't Fuck with me!"  She was real good at rolling cats across the floor with her tail.  One whack of her tail across Pepper's (our great dane) nose taught her to beware!

Hahah their attitudes are pretty cool!

She minds the cat very well with almost no tail whipping, really hasn't been whipping her tail much at all anymore!

Only when our girl cat gets done going to the bath room she gets all super crazy an playful, if the lizard is out on the tree she'll try to play with her and gam a just move and misty runs off hella fast. It's pretty funny.. cuz my cats are nuts. Haha awesome tho.. helps alot they don't have a cat box! Probably what makes them awesome is the fact I don't have to clean shit!

• Like 2

Probably going to remove that battery tray.. battery will be under the dash.. hope I can mount the 520 parsel tray.. or what ever it's called..

If photobucket stopped being fucked!!!

I would post more photos.

It wants to up load each picture 7 times.

I tried to upload 4 pictures. So there is 14 pictures of the two above this post.

• Like 1