What I'm working with!

uberkevin

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Annnd then I ran into a kinda odd problem..

20160126_193816.jpg

Not one of the clips pictured fit my alt..

And not just one of them.

I grabbed what I thought came with this ka.. didn't work.. so I grabbed the alt off the ka I have that's a known runner.. also doesn't fit.. being thare both ka alts I'm a little confused on what I should do about this.. lol

Other then that, may starter is bolted on, my ecu is hooked up in the truck, wires are ready to be put to a battery when I get one, gotta hook up my coil and put a water pump on.

Trying to find a good fan.. cheap.. like from a JY cheap..

gotta get some moneys.. hahaha

• Like 1

Oh a side note..

Pathfinder was getting hard to drive, I mean like... couldn't roll down a hill... thought something could be wrong with the brakes or e brake..

I ask Flatcat. He told me to look Annnd that's where the video come in..

I took off the brakes on both sides.. the side in the video is the only side I can move a tiny bit.

I'll be dropping the drive line and seeing if I can spin them.. if not theeeen.. taking it apart to find what I hope is a stuck/broke bearing.

Got the Subaru at the perfect time.. thanks Jon. :)

• Like 3

Just monkey-ing around,,, i figure he could use an extra hand feeding shit in and outta tight places and i need to have a look at one of these things being wired up and such,,, and no better way to learn,  than to do.

If it works without much headache,, i'm kinda leaning toward that blackmarkit unit myself. ....

Why is naners doing all the work for you?

I'd recognize those hands anywhere. 

• Like 5

I contacted him about getting one, but I'm using the harness from my wrecked 97 240sx. He said it wouldn't work, so wiring it myself. Also thinking about a megasquirt system for future turbo, but its up in the air atm.

• Like 2

In your 521 I'm guessing. Wonder why he said it wouldnt work.

I mean you can make it work..

A 97, so that's a DE?

I've gotta figure out my clip problem, and maybe buy a different harness..

I contacted him about getting one, but I'm using the harness from my wrecked 97 240sx. He said it wouldn't work, so wiring it myself. Also thinking about a megasquirt system for future turbo, but its up in the air atm.

• Like 1

Usually there is a lower engine harness with tranny plugs as well as the alternator harness that plugs into the main engine harness. You may be missing this harness? For the most part the wires on the alternator are going to be running to your stock 521 harness. Looks like early 90's d21 and pathfinder use the same alternator socket, could just snag the pigtail off one of them.

• Like 1

Looks like Blacks prewired "thing" only works with s-13 down 94 or down because I have the 1995 ka24de and I used the can box it's easy as you say kev just need to jump in it :) and as far as the alternator u kinda have to do the Internal regulated upgrade on your truck as you wire up the alternator I hope this helps ask me if you needs more info

• Like 1