melting the lead out

20121126_115313.jpg

20121126_115325.jpg

20121126_115653.jpg

Trunk lid has been stripped for awhile, so I started mudding it up

20121105_141832.jpg

20121105_143440.jpg

20121105_150153.jpg

Had a few waves so floating the entire area works great and save you from using 12 coats of filler primer and blocking a dozen time. However i just ran out of filler, Back to the paint store

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Dooooooood!! :frantics:  Ouch!  I might have a "parts" ZX transmission.  If you need the tail case, let me know BOTH of the following things, cuz I don't know if the tail cases are interchangeable, and I'll dig out my "parts" trans and check it.........

• speedo cable clamp bolt position - at 6 o'clock or 12 o'clock?
  • how many cast mounting ears (not actually used, but they are there, and help identify the series) - only one ear on one side OR an ear on both sides (mirror images of each other)?

OR if you know the gear ratio's, let me know, cuz I've got mine marked.

Dooooooood!! :frantics:  Ouch!  I might have a "parts" ZX transmission.  If you need the tail case, let me know BOTH of the following things, cuz I don't know if the tail cases are interchangeable, and I'll dig out my "parts" trans and check it.........
  • speedo cable clamp bolt position - at 6 o'clock or 12 o'clock?
  • how many cast mounting ears (not actually used, but they are there, and help identify the series) - only one ear on one side OR an ear on both sides (mirror images of each other)?

OR if you know the gear ratio's, let me know, cuz I've got mine marked.

I'll look and let you know.

Thanks!

JB Weld will fix it.

weld it up... 

do you still have the piece that busted out?

I still have the piece and I could JB Weld or heli arc it. The problem is the entire end is now "D" shaped. :no:

No updates

My plan slowed when winter hit, We have a Coupe that has to leave ASAP. ( and it is taking time and space)

Then it is on, like Donkey Kong

Thanks buddy! I'm excited :hyper: