TURTLE POWER!!!

I wish it was pushable.. the creases in the metal around it would need to be worked out with a hammer and dolly(which really isn't a priority for me right now). With the cancer at the bottom of the fender, I'm thinking the easier solution would just to be to replace it with a solid one. That would be awesome if it were as easy as just popping it back out.

There's a seller on ebay australia that sells rust repair sections forthe bottom fender, really nice pieces

• Like 1
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very baaad thread for me to see today! I looked at a $500 '74 goon (with an automatic) Friday. Thought about it long and hard and decided to be sensible - don't need another car to work on, need to put the energy into my 510. I emailed the guy this morning and told him I didn't want it, even though it sounds like he is taking it to Pull n Save soon. But now I'm wavering on my sensible decision. Gotta stay away from Ratsun!

Oh, I Bookmarked the page on dizzy resurrection. Great info for the future. Thanks!

Len

Thanks guys, I knew I could count on Ratsun folks to talk me out of buying another Datsun. :lol: To make it worse, the guys I work with are Datsun loons and saw the 610 Friday, so they will be arm twisting me to buy it. If anyone is interested, I posted details in #106 of "POST Craiglist ads here...". Not too far for someone from Seattle area to come and buy it (and save me from it). Might even be able to drive it back. PM me if you have any questions.

I guess I know what I'll be thinking about all week. Sorry for the thread jack.

Len

• Like 1

With the installation of the EI dizzy, I needed to gap my plugs out. When I pulled em, I was actually really surprised at how clean the engine is running.

Photo3316_zpsd0f41704.jpg?t=1371449259

Photo3318_zps469ec859.jpg?t=1371449259

Photo3318_zps469ec859.jpg?t=1371449259

Photo3319_zpsf1db9cd9.jpg?t=1371449259

I know the pics are blurry up close, but you can see that they're burning really clean. I figured they may be a little oily, but not at all. I gapped them to .044", which may be a bit much, so I'll monitor it to see if I need to bring it down to .040-.042".

With all the fussing around with the EI dizzy, I had also managed to mortally wound my temp. sending unit.

Photo3320_zps80006e78.jpg?t=1371449259

No bother, I pulled one out of a spare motor I had sitting around, cleaned it up and was good to go.

Photo3321_zpsee39a74c.jpg?t=1371449259

While I had the coolant drained down, I looked into the radiator and was disappointed with what I saw..
Photo3322_zps2a964f2e.jpg?t=1371449259

In the near future, I'll do a good flush and get as much of that crud out that I can.

I had also decided to put my best foot forward for Canby, so anyone who was there saw this grille.

Photo3263_zpsd1dd274d.jpgPhoto3260_zps40a8a722.jpg

Photo3259_zps35919b78.jpg

I love this grille. It's the only one I've ever seen, except for two other times online, and they were on cars that have their steering wheels on the opposite side of the car than we do :) Well, since I like the grille so much, I'm opting not to keep it on my car as daily driver equipment; the risk of damage is too great. Back into storage ya go...

i like how that grille looks to i just find it ironic that its the grille that alot of us stateside 610 guys like but it originally came on the cars that were bare bones no options at all in my mind its the "granny spec" grille

Indeed nice grill. Seen those only in the net. Japanese wagons , (if not wrong), came with that grill. Nice and unique. The only one in the US perhaps.

Japanese wagons and sedans...My Japanese Bluebird sales brochure has it as an option ;)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

;)

From the land of OZ...
Photo3359_zpsc7807d6a.jpg

After I got my package from down under, I wasted little time.
Photo3364_zpse3f90b7e.jpg

Pulled the lenses off and this is what I found:
Photo3366_zps05e29f96.jpg
Photo3367_zpsd24f21fa.jpg

The housing was literally disintegrating in the bumper.
Photo3368_zps44e1bf01.jpg

The other one was fairly rusty, but not as bad. Still lost both of the studs :( Kids, this is why you anti-seize EVERYTHING.
Photo3369_zps2d59f83b.jpg

Don't have any? GET SOME.
Photo3370_zps73425e94.jpg

I'm really pleased with how clean the Aussie housings are.
Photo3371_zpsbdcd49d3.jpg

Yeshhh...
Photo3374_zps644eb9df.jpg
Photo3378_zps0b5bca79.jpg
Photo3379_zpse9891207.jpg

Before:
Photo3365_zps25a1b2df.jpg

After:
Photo3375_zps96a2cc5d.jpg

:thumbup:

Photo3381_zpsa8fe93ee.jpg

• Like 8

looks good man! always exited too see new updates on this one.

oh and... what happened to the other grille???

I still have it... but with all the Datsun destruction that's been going on as of late, I take it as a bad omen and replaced it with the stock grille.. while I hate to think of the possibility, a 73' 610 is more replaceable than that grille is... that doesn't mean I won't use it ever, just means I don't want to daily it.

... I wouldn't rock a Bluebird grille on a 510, either.