TURTLE POWER!!!

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So.. after a long, unfruitful summer of trying to find a complete replacement for the butchered harness I obtained, I came up empty handed. Well, not technically. I was able to secure one out of Japan, whereupon arrival, ended up being for the wrong engine, rendering it not only completely useless, but non-returnable through the wonderful parts broker Nengun.com(Thanks guys). Life goes on..

On the plus side, a few days ago as I was finally able to afford a new one. I went to Wiring Specialties for a new, reproduction replacement. Days after my order was processed, however, I recieved an email stating that the harness that I had ordered and had been billed for was no longer available. I would be recieving a refund... awesome. :sneaky:

... which brings me to this. Digging out what is left of the harness I do have in my possession, I laid it out and stared at it. And stared. Then the stare became a glare..

20141201_204921_zpsc259b130.jpg

Here we go..

If you get totally stuck on where a wire goes, I have a non-turbo CA18DE harness pinned up on my wall ... but I don't know what wires can be removed, and I think the turbo harness is different

.... my harness is kinda hacked, but I did label what each plug goes to before I pulled it apart

• Like 1

Yeah, glad I didn't throw it away, though; the things are next to impossible to find. <_<

For soldering, I'm using my trusty Weller soldering gun.

20141206_155249_zpsb6f4a0a2.jpg

Has 2 settings, 100 and 140 watt. I've never used a butane one before.. pretty nice to work with? My Weller hasn't let me down yet, but I imagine that a butane one would be nice for those jobs where an electrical cord gets in your way.

Butane heats up faster than an iron, but guns are fastest. I actually used mine with a knife attachment to melt through acrylic for a corner. I want one of those guns, simply because they cool off so fast.

Its really nice when you are in a parking lot, or under the dash of a car. Its strong enough for me to solder 12gauge wire together.

I'll have to look into one of those. I love my gun; has never let me down.

Took a break from the wiring to look at some different things. Moving from accelerator linkage to cable is something that is happening, so I mocked up a 240sx pedal in another 610 I have(thus the yellow paint). I was happy to see that it bolts right in.

20141206_155905_zps0c6ae4d8.jpg

The top of the pedal doesn't quite line up with the hole in the firewall that the linkage sticks through.. going to have to either modify the pedal or put a hole in the firewall to accept the cable.

20141206_160011_zpsa7e27d52.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you get totally stuck on where a wire goes, I have a non-turbo CA18DE harness pinned up on my wall ... but I don't know what wires can be removed, and I think the turbo harness is different

.... my harness is kinda hacked, but I did label what each plug goes to before I pulled it apart

Thanks bro. If I hit a wall, I'll get ahold of you.

Have a CA18ET engine harness and ECU... everything but the injectors.

• Like 1