short story

I bout my 521 in Jan 2000

it had 90k on the odometer. when it turned over I put a new motor in there.

that moto went 40K(front cover went bad) put another older motor in till the trans front seal when bad and then put that newer motor back in with a different front cover. I now have turn over the odemeter again today. so 110K on the truck since I owned it

• Like 4
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the percentage of Ratsuners that actually clock another 100k miles on a already old car ?

Before that Baby Forces sale.

I had the Baby and kept the car... good thing as he loves riding in the B. Then again I once broke up with a gf because she wanted me to get rid of the Datto.

• Like 3

I've done it. Both of my '78 510s got over 100K on them in my hands. Commuting from Seattle to Bremerton (via the Narrows) did that. I don't drive nearly as much now, and spread the 40K miles a year around nowadays. But Gimme a couple years, I'll have 100K on the white KC. I have about 63K on it in under 3 years, odometer should roll next month (well over 198K right now, had 135K on it in Sept 2009). I did have to change the head on it earlier this year.

Whats the percentage of Ratsuners that actually clock another 100k miles on a already old car ?

I put 40K miles on 2 daily driver 510's before I was 20 yrs old ..... had less than $3k into both,,, gave one to my mom to daily drive

then I joined Ratsun,, and haven't daily driven any Datsun in 6 years..... :rofl:

yeah but your shit is still top shelf indy love the direction....i havent put major miles on any of mine but when the goon is road worthy she will be a work horse...and nw that the 521 has a 5sp, i already ran 500 miles n her in about two weeks and cost me a coil but i think it was wrong coil to begin with,

• 3 weeks later...

i try to daily drive mine, it came with a journal that documents 40k miles of oil changes before and after the odometer rolled over. i am the 4th owner. I believe the only non original piece was the dizzy, i got it with a single point dizzy. wheels changed at some point and it has been repainted. i've already done a matchbox & weber. after the 5spd swap it will get more seat time.

when i got my 620 it had been getting used as a farm truck for 2 years, it was beat to hell. the L20b was tired and had no get up and go. timing mechanism was worn out too. i tuned it up as good as it could be and still drove it 7000 miles in about 6 months. the engine never let me down once. it is only off the road now because i'm putting a newer block in it. i'm aiming for at least another 100,000 miles out of it after the rebuild. we'll see.

i have no clue about the mileage when i got it. it said 99,000 but that could have been 299,000 for all i know.

i bought a 521 in 2008 after owning a non running 510 when i was much younger ... now i own two and am afraid i will own more...shit if i could sustain my life building datt0os and selling them then i would ...in a heart beat...something about the cars but i like the people who are datsun even more....i have been down with many genres of cars, trucks, cycles and never have seen such selfless, helping caring, bonified genuine people as i have in the datsun arena....even tough we can nall be surly at times ...it still feels like a family and to me thats more important than a shiney pimped out ride...

went to blue lake .... noticed two things ....one i was very nercovous about my brake issue after getting to the rib eye ...wasnt sure if i or it would make it ... sat back watched chris rebuild his carb int he parking lot... then it dawned on me after the blow out story from the tacoma guys....a family never leaves any behind ...even that annoying little brother withthe truck that stinks like hot brakes and i9s running hot....

2nd i was sharing my pics with my nephew ...(possible new datsun enthusiast)...after a few pics he stopped me and asked in the nicest possible way... is this really a car show... i said its more of a family bbq where we all drive similar shit and all live very far from each other... we get to gehter share parts, storys , help one another fix shit...the events i have been too its neve about the shinest car or the dopest motor ...its about fun times, cool cars no matter the conditoin no matter the mismach wheels... its about just being a group and collectively carrying on our common interest...so thanks ratsun....for 1 being the collest forum to date and second ...staying true to your style and rocking it well...he also asked why people show a cr with different color panels ... i said its not about the show and whos shits coolest its about the adventure of bombing down the road ... tckling adverse situations.... and ostly sharing what we all love and thats dattos...

oh fuck this is short storys right ...sorry..

• Like 2

I've done it. Both of my '78 510s got over 100K on them in my hands. Commuting from Seattle to Bremerton (via the Narrows) did that. I don't drive nearly as much now, and spread the 40K miles a year around nowadays. But Gimme a couple years, I'll have 100K on the white KC. I have about 63K on it in under 3 years, odometer should roll next month (well over 198K right now, had 135K on it in Sept 2009). I did have to change the head on it earlier this year.

Odometer rolled over Sunday. 35K until I have 100,000 of my own miles on it.

its funny epople come by the shop and always ask whos datsun... when i say mine there like shocked ...first thing they usually say is ... you own the shop yeah...??? i say yes why u ask... i figured u would have a hummer or something... i just grin and say nope but if i did that ouwld buy me lots of dattos...mileage on my truck probably close to 10 k the wagon will get the true mileage on it ... u will have to pry the wagon out of my cold dead hands wen i get it on the road .... and even then u will hae to bury me in it