short story

then it dawned on me after the blow out story from the tacoma guys....a family never leaves any behind ...even that annoying little brother withthe truck that stinks like hot brakes and i9s running hot....

No Datto left behind, whether we know you or not ..... it should be the story of everyone's life. We had no idea who that guy was when we turned around and drove 6 miles back from the direction we had just come from to hit the next off ramp to get back to him, but that didn't matter. He obviously had an issue and seemed beyond grateful that we looped back around to make sure he was all set. I would hope that someone would do the same for us if it was our Datto on the side of the freeway. Treat others as you wish to be treated :console:
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought a 521 in 2008 after owning a non running 510 when i was much younger ... now i own two and am afraid i will own more...shit if i could sustain my life building datt0os and selling them then i would ...in a heart beat...something about the cars but i like the people who are datsun even more....i have been down with many genres of cars, trucks, cycles and never have seen such selfless, helping caring, bonified genuine people as i have in the datsun arena....even tough we can nall be surly at times ...it still feels like a family and to me thats more important than a shiney pimped out ride...

went to blue lake .... noticed two things ....one i was very nercovous about my brake issue after getting to the rib eye ...wasnt sure if i or it would make it ... sat back watched chris rebuild his carb int he parking lot... then it dawned on me after the blow out story from the tacoma guys....a family never leaves any behind ...even that annoying little brother withthe truck that stinks like hot brakes and i9s running hot....

2nd i was sharing my pics with my nephew ...(possible new datsun enthusiast)...after a few pics he stopped me and asked in the nicest possible way... is this really a car show... i said its more of a family bbq where we all drive similar shit and all live very far from each other... we get to gehter share parts, storys , help one another fix shit...the events i have been too its neve about the shinest car or the dopest motor ...its about fun times, cool cars no matter the conditoin no matter the mismach wheels... its about just being a group and collectively carrying on our common interest...so thanks ratsun....for 1 being the collest forum to date and second ...staying true to your style and rocking it well...he also asked why people show a cr with different color panels ... i said its not about the show and whos shits coolest its about the adventure of bombing down the road ... tckling adverse situations.... and ostly sharing what we all love and thats dattos...

oh fuck this is short storys right ...sorry..

I`m a little verklempt,

Linda2BRichman2Bis2Ba2Blittle2BVerklempt.png

,,,,,talk amongst yourselves

My 210 is at the 214xxx mark and still going. Was my daily driver for a long time before I got another car to keep him (yes my car is a him) from getting hit. People in LA can't drive! He only left me on the side of the road once and that was 22 ago. Alternator went out. Thank goodness Datsuns are small. I was able to push him to the side of the road. Had a rebuilt engine put in somewhere around the same time but can't remember the mileage. Now I only take him out once in a while. Lot of sentimental value tied up in that car. If someone hit him I'd go to jail for murder. But take care of your Datsun and your Datsun will take care of you. Best little cars ever.

hahaha my datsuns are males too, the champ and Mr.B

i think it is because i want my car to treat me the way my "homeys' do, rather than how my girlfriend does.

and it sounds kind of gross when people sexualize cars.

Ha! I like that, the champ. My 210 is Stanley and my Pathfinder is Thadeus. I don't know how that came about. The name just pops up when I get a car. My dad always bought Datsuns (easy to fix and very reliable) but when one of them would act up he'd call it the old boy. So I can't say if it's because I'm female that my cars are male or cause my dad started labeling them that way. If the gf doesn't treat you right get a new one. Honey life is too short. Lord knows Stanley has been more reliable than most bf's I've had (except the one I have now). But I think he feels I may love Stanley more. He just may be correct but I'll never admit it....to his face :)

Ha! I like that, the champ. My 210 is Stanley and my Pathfinder is Thadeus. I don't know how that came about. The name just pops up when I get a car. My dad always bought Datsuns (easy to fix and very reliable) but when one of them would act up he'd call it the old boy. So I can't say if it's because I'm female that my cars are male or cause my dad started labeling them that way. If the gf doesn't treat you right get a new one. Honey life is too short. Lord knows Stanley has been more reliable than most bf's I've had (except the one I have now). But I think he feels I may love Stanley more. He just may be correct but I'll never admit it....to his face :)

well yeah what i really meant is that i'd rather have a buddy relationship with my car rather than a dramatic romantic relationship. my girl is cool, but you know how it gets. I don't argue much with the champ and Mr.B!

well yeah what i really meant is that i'd rather have a buddy relationship with my car rather than a dramatic romantic relationship. my girl is cool, but you know how it gets. I don't argue much with the champ and Mr.B!

I feel ya. No one needs drama. I leave that to the actors here in LA. I don't argue much with Stanley either. Besides his way of winning arguements is staying silent (ie not starting). I swear that car has attitude sometimes. It's comical.