The Blue gO_On build?

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About to head to class. I will snag one when I get back. There is holes on the back of it, but I am pretty sure they are for mounting it.

Any trick to mounting the grill. everything is different mounting wise compared to the 70's grill  :confused:

that was me you were looking at.

iz9.gif

Naw man, i am American indian ,, most of my family looks like that... :lol: ... I mean reeeeeeeeeeal fat

I was thinking that guy ( insert goofy name with far to many vowels ) just died but hell it`s been like 15 years or more.

"JustJoel" came through today with the blocks and air shocks. Thanks again man, Super clean welds! 

Also picked up two B210 lca studs I need to fix the front end, along with some armrest. Oh and snagged the B210 seatbelts as well, Got really tired of lap belts  :frantics:

I thought since I am taking all this front end stuff out again I might as well go zx now. So I picked up some zx struts as well. I have shaft collars on the way. About to go order new inserts, rotors, and pads now. Having them shortened as soon as the inserts are here.

IMG_0172_zps6fd39ba3.jpg

IMG_0174_zpsd7ceb3e2.jpg

IMG_0171_zps6bf01126.jpg

IMG_0170_zps45ff0d0b.jpg

IMG_0168_zps2851465a.jpg

:lol: With the flipped leaf should be somewhere about 5.5" lower than stock. that should be perfect for me! Still will really need to cut the tunnel and maybe do something with this damn inner step :w00t:  ;)   

Was gonna trade Phil some tires for these reproduction euro lenses. But they were pretty bad,  I took them home anyway too see how the euro tails would look on my wagon. 

I am in the process of molding my own sets. The goal is to get as close to a oem part as possible. Gonna be some work, but worth it in the long run!

Here is some pics of the poorly done reproduction. 

IMG_0177_zpsc4a0d419.jpg

IMG_0176_zpse8b3d553.jpg

IMG_0179_zpsd63c968f.jpg

Just waiting for parts  :frantics:           Also sourced another snowflake  :ninja: 

One package came. Time to shorten some struts!  :D 

IMG_1295_zpse43b044f.jpg

IMG_1298_zps938b3f1c.jpg

IMG_1297_zpse2771c97.jpg

IMG_1292_zps4883c22f.jpg

Theses are the approximate measurements for the Kyb's.

Compressed is 14.02"

Extended 20.35

Here are the measurements for the Monroe SW20 inserts.

Body Length:13.125"
Compressed length: 13.625"
Extended Length: 20.125"
Travel Length: 6.500"

I do not have the exact measurements for the Kyb's. But I am sure it can't be too far off from the Monroe's. When I was searching around, I came up with them to be a couple inches shorter than zx. I chose the SW20 front inserts because they had one of the longest body's with one of the shortest compressed lengths. They also had the most travel compared to others I was looking at.

• Like 1