mrbigtankers 521

mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he sent me biggers cause i begged.... i would forward them to u but i would never post with out oldschool vws permission....i sent him a pm and asked for a build thread or pics and proceded to say how i liked centerlines and was thinginkg my trcuk would look good on some then he replied with what they were and a pic and i was like ....way fucking cooler then centerlines...those are some dope fresh wheels ....i like them a little more than big tankers but i like the shit out of his wheels too...old school has a super cool 521 ....again in my favorire color...

That truck sold on ebay for over 8000.00 and was not 1/4 if that as nice as oldskool's truck.It had 18's up front and 20's in the back the door jams were not painted it had a J block.No rear bumpers,and with that said i still thought it was a nice truck and i was bidding on it up to 5500.00 and i stopped and it was still nice for what it was.

Some day I'll post pics. I have to gather em' all up. I have tons, but can't keep up with a build thread because of my scatter brained mental rolodex and my stupid work schedule. To me, the trucks not ready for public display although EVERYBODY else disagrees. The pic of the rims are in the rebuild state. They are way prettier now.

The truck is only static dropped now to get a feel of the rims and the actual specs of want I for the suspension. The final will be a static drop though using Z'd arms and a few other oldskool tricks (I'm looking for some Packard parts, but might not work). Likely monroe air shocks all around though for height adjustments. My inspiration is resto-mod. Just bought me a nice Hobart plasma to take care of business too.

My obvious choice for Tankers color is obviously anything OTHER than the factory green like mine but I respect choice so it's up to him. Just hate for people to call us twins :-)

And a parting shot. Overall still looks the same but a few tweaks have been made here and there:

(this is where I started with the dash / BEFORE PICS): http://community.ratsun.net/topic/30190-520-all-metal-dash-sold/page__hl__%2Bmetal+%2Bdash

dsc00011pc.jpg

Oh, and out of respect, I gotta say we should keep this to the real sunshine in this thread, Mr. Big Tankers truck. I'll start something someday. And yes, the steering wheel is way old from one of my VW's.

Cut the crap that truck is bad ass first of all and i have no problem with you or any body else posting here on this page.I love the idea's and the fact that first of all that truck is built the way you did.I'm almost in the same boat as you as far as keeping it old school with a some modern changes.To be honest if i parked the cars out side it would have been stripped bare balls already,but i dont want to park the cars outside for this build and i want to paint it already ,but i guess make it nice and clean but some what daily drivable to were im not going crazy not wanting to enjoy it.I spent almost 50,000.00 on a fatboy once and i loved but i spent more time cleaning it then i did riding here southern california and i dont want to do it again.I would love to see more pictures of the truck please post it here i would love to see it.

twins ...nah ... more like to two hottest sisters that live down the block that u wake up every morning early to see them walk to the bus stop.....old skool your too modest....like tank said...u both have real nice trucks....i like the steering wheel...

if u wanna feel better about yourself old school heres mine .. definately not the caliber of your trux...but hoping one day...

49ff1129.jpg

210fee06.jpg

Jrock your there already my friend,when your ready to put the money in that truck which we all know that is eventually what it takes you will be there if not further along.Like i said im pretty happy with my truck already just other small stuff paint it of course and maybe tweak a few things and im good.If my truck came in 2nd place at JCCS what do you think oldskool's truck would of placed not third thats for sure. :thumbup: :thumbup: