mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The factory color would be sick!!

I love the old Datsun colors!!.......Can't paint a modern car those colors and have it look half a good.

......but honestly....this truck will look great no matter what!!

nice job on the bed sides ...those look freaking cool..

..i wouldnt have gone the direction of coilovers as they could provide the ride u already have .....as short as they are your spring rate will need to be higher then optimal to keep from bottoming out the coilover and annialating the internals....be careful u could be setting yourself up for a real spendy fail....im not sure why people associate coilovers with improvin ride quality ....thats not there purpose.....but to each there own.....the qa1 is a awesome coilover just not sure your gonna get where you want with them....it wont be a ruff ride but just a very firm ride ....again not totally sure what your shooting for but never the less this will eb a improvemnet over stock ... just probably not the comfort as much as the handling...

so whats the carpet from .....i see u recently added it but never mentioned where it came from or if its from another truck.....

like the bed liner .....but its very hard to clean especially if u get grease and oil on it ....most people just spray paint over it every now and again with .... it also has a terrible resistance to heat and chalks out....

nice motor looks and sounds great ... very nice truck overall.....i like the wheels too.....congrats on the awards...very well deserved ... i especially love your pull through garage.....i know wierd commment but im a big sucker for cool work spaces...

please let me know where u got that regulator....we just put su's on my buddys truck and while i was gone he installed a electric fuel pump and its way to much pressure for a carb....we regulated it, but I am concerned that it will eat pumps as its dialed to about 3 psi ... the pump is putting out alot more.... was thinking about putting a recirc line in ....but i tried to convince him to just go back to mechanical...

ps our trucks are the same color ... my personal fav color... obviously yours is far cleaner than mine but still i gotta give u props for building a sweet l series 521...easily one of my favorite static trucks on here

The factory color would be sick!!

I love the old Datsun colors!!.......Can't paint a modern car those colors and have it look half a good.

......but honestly....this truck will look great no matter what!!

Thanks alot I'm glad you like just trying to get this done and keep it stock but with some modern changes of course.

nice job on the bed sides ...those look freaking cool..

..i wouldnt have gone the direction of coilovers as they could provide the ride u already have .....as short as they are your spring rate will need to be higher then optimal to keep from bottoming out the coilover and annialating the internals....be careful u could be setting yourself up for a real spendy fail....im not sure why people associate coilovers with improvin ride quality ....thats not there purpose.....but to each there own.....the qa1 is a awesome coilover just not sure your gonna get where you want with them....it wont be a ruff ride but just a very firm ride ....again not totally sure what your shooting for but never the less this will eb a improvemnet over stock ... just probably not the comfort as much as the handling...

so whats the carpet from .....i see u recently added it but never mentioned where it came from or if its from another truck.....

like the bed liner .....but its very hard to clean especially if u get grease and oil on it ....most people just spray paint over it every now and again with .... it also has a terrible resistance to heat and chalks out....

nice motor looks and sounds great ... very nice truck overall.....i like the wheels too.....congrats on the awards...very well deserved ... i especially love your pull through garage.....i know wierd commment but im a big sucker for cool work spaces...

please let me know where u got that regulator....we just put su's on my buddys truck and while i was gone he installed a electric fuel pump and its way to much pressure for a carb....we regulated it, but I am concerned that it will eat pumps as its dialed to about 3 psi ... the pump is putting out alot more.... was thinking about putting a recirc line in ....but i tried to convince him to just go back to mechanical...

ps our trucks are the same color ... my personal fav color... obviously yours is far cleaner than mine but still i gotta give u props for building a sweet l series 521...easily one of my favorite static trucks on here

Thanks Jrock,well to start i hear you on the coil overs but so far all i hear is good things about converting,As for the carpet its a custom job from a upholstry shop and the tonneau cover is high grade canvas that i love,and your right it does get dirty but i am a clean freak for the most part.And haha i love the drive through garage to thats were i park my truck,but man my truck gets dusty and dirty fast.And last would be i spent way to much but i bought all Aermotive and i love it,the regulator does need a return line to dial down to 3 psi.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea...I'm just saying coilovers have a very, very firm ride and as short as your are they need a pretty firm spring rate to keep from bottoming out or over extending, which in my opinion is gonna have a semi harsh ride....i love coilovers in 4 x 4 long travel applications cause of the length and ability to control the ride through valving and springrate, but as far as low riders or street rods i have never enjoyed the ride.....u can never get the valving and spring rate to work good enough to produce a smooth ride.. its always firm/harsh and choppy...which is fine but if im gonna shell out qa1 type of dough i want the thing to ride like i spent that much on it....not like a soft wheeled skate board...i wish i woulda saw this thread earlier.....im not bashing the idea i think a coilovered truck would be sick for a track application or time attack but for street driven ......meah i woulda went comfort over performance...i thought i read earlier u were looking to get a better ride more so then a more performance oriented ride...

still i love your truck its freaking awesome....that carpet looks awesome.....and i will again try to convince my friend to remove the electric fuel pump as making a return line and different regualtor work seems like over kill for a carbed motor...the mechanical pumps work fine in a su application.....i think he just had one and too much time on his hands and ut it in with out really needing it...

• Like 1

mind u once again .. i cant say this enough ... easily one of the sickest 521's on ratsun.....please dont assume im hating, just offering advice and expereince, thats it ... i dont want this turning into a jrocks a dick thread when everyone comes in here and sees my opinion...lol

mind u once again .. i cant say this enough ... easily one of the sickest 521's on ratsun.....please dont assume im hating, just offering advice and expereince, thats it ... i dont want this turning into a jrocks a dick thread when everyone comes in here and sees my opinion...lol

No no no i hear you im always looking for advice and ideas and if i have any i will share and help out myself.No thanks for the compliments my friend absolutly no harm.To bad you live so far or i live to far.I love that dually to by the way,i just sold my little Tacoma and now i want another chevy dont need one but just want one.Maybe a old school some what 454 SS.

And i hear you on the fuel pump,i just over killed it and wanted to spend more money then i need lol.And i just wanted of all things to get rid of the lines in the front of the motor and to clean up the engine bay.Now im looking at tucking all the wires and really cleaning after next year.I want to do it now but holiday's coming the shops are busy and i want to drive a little bit more before i down it again.

thanks the one ton was nice sold it a few years back and just sold he matching standard cab last week...i just wanted to be clear i wasnt hating ... i made suggestions on another thread and it turned out badly...i can sympathize with yoru not wanting to take the truck off the road comments....mine are the same..lol

• Like 1

probably the same green with old centerlines on.and a chrome molding around my windsheild thats the direction im going.and a a/c unit to.haha

Really? Freaking Hawaii people, can leave the island but still da same. I love it.

Just to be clear mine are Ray's Engineering Power Volks. :rofl:

• Like 1