mrbigtankers 521

mrbigtanker

photo-96.jpg

Mounted a new throttle cable from under the carbs now.Thanks to Juan and Jose at R Rated Motorsports for doing it.I also now when i get a chance is get a longer hood release and re do the wires going to the coil.I am also going to mold in the hole on top of the valve cover chrome it and tap a hole behind the cover,i cant stand the filter on top.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

photo-87.jpg

So this would be the idea for the back of my truck to mini tub and widen the rear wheels to a 9" or 10" wheel.Waste of money or hell yea.I need some feedback on this.

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

1 piece driveshaft & coilovers...and what's going to hold your axle in place? I'd vote for fitting what you can in the stock bed wells, which could still give you a huge lip if you want by going with a shortened axle and huge negative offset like your picture (seems like you'd need a shorter axle either way if you're looking for a fat lip). Those wheels don't look all that wide, just high neg offset. But, that's just my opinin since I think a truck should be functional as a truck. But I guess you are going to put a roof rack on it :P

photo-103.jpg

This is what i was talking about you se the hood latch cable hanging out because they are made to short.Any one know were they make a longer one or i was thinking of a bicycle cable as one as idea.Also cleaned up more wires moved the coil up and closer to the top by the fender and rerouted some of the wires like to the coil and for my auto meter gauge temperature sensor.And of course the throttle cable is now ran under the carbs now instead of on top.

• Like 1

I am trying to figure out why your cable is so short to start with, none of mine are.

Do you have the hood release lever mounted where it is supposed to be in the cab?

This is my 521KC, ignore the fuse block, this truck has the 720 diesel wiring harness in it.

I have no idea why this one sticks out so far, but the cable in the engine compartment is where it is supposed to be.

DSCN0539.jpg

This is the 521 work truck, this is also mounted in the proper place, deep close to the firewall.

DSCN0541.jpg

DSCN0540.jpg

Are yours mounted like this, or closer to the dash where it is easy to grab?

The black box is mounted to the bottom of the dash.

I am trying to figure out why your cable is so short to start with, none of mine are.

Do you have the hood release lever mounted where it is supposed to be in the cab?

This is my 521KC, ignore the fuse block, this truck has the 720 diesel wiring harness in it.

I have no idea why this one sticks out so far, but the cable in the engine compartment is where it is supposed to be.

DSCN0539.jpg

This is the 521 work truck, this is also mounted in the proper place, deep close to the firewall.

DSCN0541.jpg

DSCN0540.jpg

Are yours mounted like this, or closer to the dash where it is easy to grab?

The black box is mounted to the bottom of the dash.

Wayno i will look in the morning but i am sure it is.I dont know if i mentioned that the cable was replaced by me.The original snapped so i ordered a new one from Singapore and thats what i got.But i will double check it.thank you

Thanks hard slammed.Your cable to I dont feel left out anymore.So just for the record the coil overs are so worth it the ride is way better,but dont go with 350# springs get them with the 400# springs.400# will be stiff but the 350's bottom out a little to fast.I myself weigh almost depending if im hitting the weights hard or not between 285-300# and i need stiffer springs besides it will feel like a go-kart im sure