mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMG_1702_zpsdb4e8c88.jpg

After this my entire steering assembly will be him joints. Talked to the guys a t the offered shop and they assured me that was not a bad idea at all. Plus easy 100,00 miles before i have a problem with them. And they look cool.

Are there safety washers for those heims? If they fail mounted in single shear like that, the housing will just fall off leaving you with no steering. The safety washer will not allow the housing to fall off and will let you steer with a failed joint.

• Like 1

Are there safety washers for those heims? If they fail mounted in single shear like that, the housing will just fall off leaving you with no steering. The safety washer will not allow the housing to fall off and will let you steer with a failed joint.

I don't understand safety washer, if your talking about those bevel cut spacers they are to keep the helm from being rubbed up against the knuckle. And even if it sheared how will I lose my steering it would be sloppy but I would not lose it.

• Like 1