The Vinyl Solution

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no clue where it originated, but it clearly isn't a very original or copyrighted phrase, so it seems that you have nothing to worry about legally, just in the department of a "man" being too fucking sensitive ;)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p4069.m570.l1313&_nkw=next+to+sex+patch&_sacat=0&_from=R40

• Like 1

Lolz. I sent your quote out. You should find it reasonable. Now I gotta re-post those stripes cuz they got buried w/ all this... Hmmm, I've got 50 yards of Ice Grey I don't know what to do with. I'll just cut some and post finished product pics. Problem solved. I want you all to know my mom is the most awesome. We spent the day bottling coffee stout we've been brewing, and started a few more carboys including "Grapefruit Peelsnir" (yes, made with grapefruit peels, get it? it's a joke.) and some more honey wine. I will be unavailable until early afternoon because... Debauchery. Goodnight, I love you Ratsun (can't decide how much homo)

Fun with x y axis :D

This is not my goon. Props to whoever's this is, I like it. Just used it as a model. I've got some olive drab vinyl that would look real cool on this shade of paint. Or good ol red or black. Or Orange. Or...

datstripes_zps688ce6be.jpg

If I were to paint my 620, I would paint it this color. And I would want that olive drab vinyl as "stripes" but idk if I'm going to paint it or not lol

• Like 1

Haha, well, I'm stoked that you were able to get them done.  I had trouble with one of the noses not wanting to go onto the dish, but I got it with a little convincing :)  The plan is to have the truck at Canby, so hopefully you can see it in person then, but until that time:

Lila3_zps66a4482f.jpg

And here's the vinyl that I made the door panels out of, that you color-matched the vinyl stickers to.  I have to say, this is all a pretty damn good color-match :thumbup:

Lila2_zpsb80cfb02.jpg

• Like 2

That looks amazing. Would you mind sharing where you got the vinyl for the door cards? I am trying to decide if I want to do that or fabric and that looks like a good quality product.

CJ, I have an idea for my hood but I haven't sold myself on it yet. I know I want it checkerboard but I was thinking of getting you to cut me some vinyl playing peices (rats ofc). Once I get it all worked out I'll be in touch. Would need 24 pieces, but not sure of the colors or how many "kings" I want.

First idea - get the vinyls and play my cousin in checkers on the hood. After 15 moves each lay the vinyls were they are on the board :P

• Like 1

Thanks!  It definitely took a bit of time and a re-do of the door panels, but I'm really happy with the final outcome.  i did the kick panels in the same burgundy too, and the seat is the silver croc (you can see it a little better in this post) B)

Anyway, I got both vinyls (the burgundy and the croc) at a local fabric store called Pacific Fabrics.  They do have an online store, but it doesn't look like they carry any of the vinyl on there.  This place looks like they carry a nice selection of pretty much the same thing though.  You could also just find some local stores near you (besides Joanns) and see what you come across.  I never had anticipated doing the croc, but once I saw it, I couldn't help but tie it in.  :)

• Like 1

Thanks, I will check that site out. Sadly we don't have a lot of those nice supply shops around here anymore. People just raise the prices and buy out all of the supplies so there isn't any competition.

I'll check Atlanta for suppliers. There will probably be a large selection there.

That croc pattern is nice. I can't think of a way to tie it in to what I want but seeing the vinyl work you did has me thinkng I should re work the vinyl seats that are in my truck and keep the old school look rather than getting fabric seats (racing) and covering the door cards with similar fabric. So many ideas, so little time/money :(