The Vinyl Solution

Starting to document my entrance into the wonderful world of vinyl cutting, and use of vector image programs :D

d2.jpg

rats-1.jpg

bigschlong.jpg

rats.jpg

bre.jpg

gtf.jpg

ndawg.jpg

nospiders.jpg

rod.jpg

IMG_20120221_195602.jpg

I'll be updating my progress frequently. Currently my biggest interest is getting the BRE stripes rockin. Also, RedBanner mentioned a factory decal similar to the Lil Hustler getup, but for a 710. Anyone still have this on your 710???

• Like 1
  • Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fun, i do it incognito, sold vinyls untill i got my money back from the machine, vinyl rolls and a bit extra then i just made them for myself pretty much.... plenty money to be done i should start selling again too. :P

Vinyl Bre for the 510 would be a wise choice. I can be the guinea pig :) oh wait you have a wagon.

Looking good!

I'm ordering matte white... :D I spoke w/ BRE today, they are going to license me to reproduce and distribute any of their copywrited materials. WOOT! I told them, "What's up w/ you guys not selling the stripes?" She thinks it's an excellent idea. She's familiar w/ Ratsun. Cool. I should be licensed to use their stuff by the end of the week.

• Like 10

I'm ordering matte white... :D I spoke w/ BRE today, they are going to license me to reproduce and distribute any of their copywrited materials. WOOT! I told them, "What's up w/ you guys not selling the stripes?" She thinks it's an excellent idea. She's familiar w/ Ratsun. Cool. I should be licensed to use their stuff by the end of the week.

YES!!!! MATTE WHITE!! So excited if you couldn't tell.

What kind of cutter did you get? Vinyl cutting is addictive. Since I got my setup it runs nonstop. Ideas come to you nonstop as well :D have fun!

Thanks for the encouragement Jun. I admire your work. I remember you mentioning laying awake at night thinking of new ideas! LOL. I know what you mean, my mind is racing lately. I got an entry level, 24'' cutter to start out. I figure if I get my boss to pay me to do some work on his fleet, the machine and vinyl will pay for itself first job :D I'm going to come in early tomorrow morning and present the proofs to him, and have him look through the Oracal color guide with me. I'm wasting loads of vinyl figuring out my settings, and have some random bugs to work out, but my son and I are having a blast!!! I'm sold. Someday I'll get a Roland cool.gif

I do some cutting also. I have all these ideas in my head, but can't seem to get the on vinyl. lol

I just got a basic system. GCC Expert 24 running CorelDraw x4. Works for me. Roland or Graphtec would be nice someday.

Good luck on your adventure.

Larry

ive neen thinking that it would be alot easier and cheaper to have the emblems i want printed instead of finding and spending a small fortune on them http://www.flickr.co...tla/6165583658/
IMG_20120221_202414.jpg Well perfect. I have some black, and I ordered some chrome. The plan is to do the long awaited "RATSUN" 620 fender badge. This is along the same lines, so once the chrome shows up (it's takin forever!!!) I'll take a whack at it. It's gonna be tricky to get the dimensions right w/o a physical model to measure, but I could probably scale it pretty close using measurements from the car. Right now I'm tracing it onto paper from the computer screen. Then once I make a nice smooth, dark outline in pen, I can scan it and the trace function in the vector program should be able to read the outline better :)................

Like this

IMG_20120221_205844.jpg

And then test cut on vinyl just for fun. The vector still has rough edges and crap. Need to just do a Bezier trace. But it's almost bedtime, and I wanted to see it on vinyl :D

IMG_20120221_214622.jpg

IMG_20120221_202414.jpg

Well perfect. I have some black, and I ordered some chrome. The plan is to do the long awaited "RATSUN" 620 fender badge. This is along the same lines, so once the chrome shows up (it's takin forever!!!) I'll take a whack at it. It's gonna be tricky to get the dimensions right w/o a physical model to measure, but I could probably scale it pretty close using measurements from the car. Right now I'm tracing it onto paper from the computer screen. Then once I make a nice smooth, dark outline in pen, I can scan it and the trace function in the vector program should be able to read the outline better :)

i can measure the us spec 610 emblem i have so you can get a size they use the same 3 mounting holes so they must be close also let me see if i can find a better pic that one is at a funky angle

heres a much better pic of said emblem now if i can just get image tags for flickr

http://www.flickr.co...N02/6174212390/

Yeah, that is better. I was complaining in my head about the angle on the last pic, lol. I edited that last post. Ended up stepping away from the interwebz for a sec, and doing a "just for fun" cut of the emblem. I kinda like the rough edges, ollz, but I'm gonna work more on it later so it's proffesional quality.

IMG_20120221_214622.jpg

Hmm I was thinking of picking up a 14" plotter from "US Cutter". Ill probably only do small decals and every once in a while a paint mask for a painted sign. If I need to go wider than 14" I'll use registration marks and split the graphic. For 180 bucks I'm sure it will be well worth it.