The Vinyl Solution

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oooh gotcha then i wont ask you to do mine i can only imagine cutting all those things out yeah sure the cutter does most of the work but you still have to pick the unwanted vinyl out by hand

It's not too bad. I found a way to make the generator pop out "simplified URL's" that have way less dots. It takes 10 minutes to weed one of these, so don't be afraid to request one. Also, and this is exciting, there's a way to make colored ones that incorporate a logo!! Thinkin rat'nwrenches pixelated into the middle of the qr, in a color that suits the vehicle!!

IMG_20120223_174501.jpg

Also, the chrome vinyl finally arrived :D

IMG_20120223_181311.jpg

Pardon me if I'm just dumb, and everyone already knew this... After a little experimentation, I found you don't have to use black and white for the qr's.

I know this one is ugly (at least I think it is) but it shows that color schemes of the vehicle can be incorporated into the qr code!

IMG_20120226_133620.jpg

Matte white came today, but I didn't play w/ it much cuz my new SU's came also :D

IMG_20120229_192640.jpg

IMG_20120229_194257.jpg

Finally got my work logo done. Whew! Fucking hard to get the grey shadow to line up perfect w/ the blue without overlapping. But I did it. Cha-ching :D Gayle Brock got back to me about the trademark lisence. So expect some BRE goodies soon.

so how are you doing multi-color stuff, like the BRE sticker and the work truck stuff? are you just cutting each color seperate, then laying them on top of each other? thats the only way i can think of doing it....

so how are you doing multi-color stuff, like the BRE sticker and the work truck stuff? are you just cutting each color seperate, then laying them on top of each other? thats the only way i can think of doing it....

Ya,you throw a couple registration marks down so you can line the layers up. In your design program you can break the image up into color layers and export them seperate from eachother for cutting. This is where the clear backing tape becomes real handy :) it's still hard though. Banzai!!!

IMG_20120304_163642.jpg

IMG_20120304_142401.jpg

IMG_20120304_144430.jpg