The Vinyl Solution

My boss approved my contract for his fleet job. Will be ordering colors and installing the graphics soon! :D Talked to one of my customers today about vinyl. Turns out he races bicycles professionally, and is on a team of 40 other racers. They like to customize their bikes by putting their name on the frame in vinyl. He's got a big race this weekend, and is gonna spread the word. Fuck, I need business cards and a dedicated business phone.

• Like 1
  • Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well folks, I got my feet wet tonight. Did my first production run! These are 4''x4'' qr codes for the technician's vans at my work. Talk about a crash course in weeding!!! FUUUUUU..... But, I didn't lose a single one out of a batch of 20 :D. Now that roll of black vinyl just paid for itself 2x's w/ 2 square feet! Now I'm waiting on some new colors to arrive, and I'll do our company logo and text for 3 rigs that need it. Nervous about installing large graphics, haven't done that before. But I've seen a lot of tricks, and I think I'll do well.

IMG_20120222_215926.jpg

Well folks, I got my feet wet tonight. Did my first production run! These are 4''x4'' qr codes for the technician's vans at my work. Talk about a crash course in weeding!!! FUUUUUU..... But, I didn't lose a single one out of a batch of 20 :D. Now that roll of black vinyl just paid for itself 2x's w/ 2 square feet! Now I'm waiting on some new colors to arrive, and I'll do our company logo and text for 3 rigs that need it. Nervous about installing large graphics, haven't done that before. But I've seen a lot of tricks, and I think I'll do well.

IMG_20120222_215926.jpg

Second row down, second from the left, missing dot directly below box in top left corner... ;)

My friends who wrap cars constantly use basic eBay cutters. They do the job and are more than adequate for fun stuff. Rolands are great, but it would take a while to pay one of those machines off ;). Have fun that's all that matters!

I'd like to have a go at wrapping a car someday. I like my cheap cutter, so far it works great. And UScutter ships hella fast. But they have a $9 flat rate shipping, so you gotta order more than one thing at a time. Also, their customer service is good.

Well folks, I got my feet wet tonight. Did my first production run! These are 4''x4'' qr codes for the technician's vans at my work.

I made a Ratsun.net QR code a while back.......... ya see where Im going with this right? :lol:

(shoot me a PM if your interesting in making me some)

What colors of vinyl do you plan on running? Id be looking at some matte olive in the future if you think thats a color youre thinking of offering. QR codes look nice; good luck with the larger ones.

I don't see any matte olive available through Oracal. You know someplace that sells that color? I sure would like to add a roll to my collection.

Im unfamiliar with the vinyl to even guess a good place to purchase from. I just know my car will be gloss olive once I decide to paint and it would be slick if I had some BRE stripes in matte olive.

I think the cream white would look sweet on top of the olive. It's kind of an off-white w/ a slight yellowish hue.