The Vinyl Solution

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gloria Brock got back to me about the trademark lisence. So expect some BRE goodies soon.

Pretty sure her name is Gayle, no? :huh: She seems like a woman who could fuck some shit up, I'd hate to see her wrath come down on you if she saw you butchering her name after giving you permission to run with BRE stuff :lol:

Real nice work, you are going off! The door logo is the work of a pro, that's for sure. :)

How do you like the matte white? I want to try some too, just wondered if it gets dirty easily or anything.

Nice Bauhaus-look on the Ratsun logo!

Pretty sure her name is Gayle, no? :huh: She seems like a woman who could fuck some shit up, I'd hate to see her wrath come down on you if she saw you butchering her name after giving you permission to run with BRE stuff :lol:

Damn it. I suck w/ names. Fixed the post.

Real nice work, you are going off! The door logo is the work of a pro, that's for sure. :)

How do you like the matte white? I want to try some too, just wondered if it gets dirty easily or anything.

Nice Bauhaus-look on the Ratsun logo!

Lol, the door logo is not to my liking. The gaps between the letters and the shadows are not perfect. It bugs me but the boss said I was being anal. It's alright for a first try, but not good enough yet. I'll get it next time. The matte white gets dirty, but you can clean it real easy, and I like it's weedability better than some colors. Thank you for the constructive criticism. I'm not sure how it got that way, but it'll be fixed before any go out the door :|

Im in love....

Haha. I spent a lot of time on it, and still probably will need another hour of work before I'm satisfied. I'll be getting a heat press soon, so I'll run off a few of these. I plan to do this design on a kind of off-white cream colored shirt :D Once the hard stuff is done, like fixing the perspective, correcting the sun, I'll figure out what kind of text should accompany the image. I would love to hear some input!

I have thought about doing gauge faces before.

The 510 has a raised face, so you would need to replace the faces with another material.

Which then gave me the idea to back light them. Acrylic gauges, frost one side, Run cut outs for the numbers and such stick on frosted side. other side run color of choice for lettering. Side light the acrylic with LEDs, and it should glow where the frosting is, but in this case you have covered everything but the numbers/dashes.

But of course that is just how it works in my head.

I have thought about doing gauge faces before.

The 510 has a raised face, so you would need to replace the faces with another material.

Which then gave me the idea to back light them. Acrylic gauges, frost one side, Run cut outs for the numbers and such stick on frosted side. other side run color of choice for lettering. Side light the acrylic with LEDs, and it should glow where the frosting is, but in this case you have covered everything but the numbers/dashes.

But of course that is just how it works in my head.

It's funny that you say that... *looks over at his tinker desk* I have something in the works that I think people are going to get a serious kick out of.

Can you do gauge faces? I found some templates I can send you if its something you might do. The $80 MSA wants seem a bit absurd, but I have no idea what goes into making vinyls.

AllGaugesPCB.png

These will need to be printed onto the vinyl, which I would have to outsource. I'm in the process of setting up a relationship w/ the print shop next to my house, more to come on this.

So are u selling?

Yes Sir! I have a sale thread in datsun parts for sale. If you don't see something you like, throw me ideas for sumthin custom like lil89ram did :D

whooo!!! just saw a preview oof my ratsun, and ngk stickers in a pm! this guys stuff is legit! cant wait till they get here!

Thanks for the kind words, I enjoyed the challenge of creating a design to your specs. I think these will look great on your ride. And it's a cool feeling when you know you're the only one rockin a design.