Icehouse

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HB,

Ray Stonehocker(425 931 3121) can maybe have a look at this truck if you can make it there and give it a once over.

Now you really need to buy a timming light and a multimeter and give up soem clues on whats going on.

Lose power is too general!!!!!

Mine motor power or electrical power.

If dont start or event cleck/turn over , do you still have Lights? This could be a fuse box issue. if not light also then you know its the wire comming off the starter lug that feeds everything thru the box box. 521 have lot of corrosion proplems at the fuse box lugs. I would put all new correct size fuses and clean the contacks.

The points need to be adjusted and contacks clean there also. A electronic conversion or a Matchox tyep dizzy would help the reliabity issue alot esp of you a nON mechanic type and used to new cars.

5321s require alot of maint esp if well used. I had mine 10 years and I seen what I have replaced over those years and most people would have gotten rid of the truck already.

Your truck is better than mine,hopefully you take care of it. If you cant think you can maintain a vehicle like this best to sell it. Hopefully you have another spare rig as this will break down. Hate to see another rig towed off cause they had no money and goes to the Junkyard.

truck is PERFECT as it is. I wouldnt change anything just buy some spare parts.

Give us more infor.'

Get a volt reading when its running across the battery. then with the lights on. This will show if the alternator or volt reg is going out.

So the truck died again and I didn’t have my volt meter on me. I fired it up later with the meter and it was good. I got it to auto zone and they checked the battery... 25% charge. I charged it up and tested again... I had bad diodes. I swapped out the alternator and haven’t had the problem again. Could the bad diodes cause that problem?

Still figureing out the forum... FRiend of mine told me about it and siad this would be a good place...

Anyway, I hjave a few rides, but this is my 1980 Datsun 720 Kingcab. My dad got it bran new in 1980. I'm laying claim to it and have decided to build a mini truck. We will see how far I go with it. I have a ton of other projects, but this is one I have always wanted to build so this should be fun!

It's had a rough life...

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

mofoshit.th.jpg My 70 521 on Armada 20's Projector HID's, caddy rear lights, 4 inch blocked with only two leaf springs. torsion bars turned all the way down til I'm able to turn. L16 with straight pipe with glasspack cherry bomb.

dashit.th.jpg My 72 521 on Infinities QX56 18's 4 HID's in the front. 3 inch blocks with all the leaf springs. L18 with SU carbs. 2 inch pipe to a Thrush muffler before the rear axle, my daily driver.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...