'79 210 Coupe build thread

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right there. I thought he was putting them on a 210. :P

That I am. Lol my car is sane body style as yours. My old car was a b210 thus the member name lol.

Mine looks like

79ba74e4.jpg

Back to the scheduled thread lol sorry for hijackery thanks for the tips though and yes I plan to cut them down a bunch and fibre glass them to size sand paint etc.

Finally got the KA24E home today. Gonna try to strip it down this weekend. :cool:

Made a small mistake, though. I shouldn't have looked at the odometer of the truck it came out of. It said 289,567. :blink:

So, going to have to at the very least put new chain guides in it (for piece of mind if nothing else), maybe go ahead and do rings, bearings, and a head freshening. Oh well. Maybe that means I'll bite the bullet on a hi-po cam for it after all. :P

Picked up some more "parts" for my project today... :P

crap_016.JPG

Been thinking about swapping to the '81 front end and tail lights. Well, here's the front end and I already found the tail lights, so... :cool:

Also came with a good A15 we'll be able to use in another project, so that was a bonus.

ew the later front end is ugly why run that when you have the round eye stuff

mr opinion tonight! lol.

Because the later front is more squarish, and goes better with the boxy flares.

I kinda really want a 2dr 210 sedan with the square front, I think the front brings out the lines of the body better.

Because the later front is more squarish, and goes better with the boxy flares.

^^this^^

The obvious aero advantage, the ease with with one can procure the JDM grill (round light JDM grill is uber expensive and rare), the better look with the boxy flares mentioned above, the greater abundance of parts available (3-4 times as many square 210s as round). And most important of all, I just like it better than the round. :cool:

Anyone who wants the round eye front is welcome to it. ;)

Also bought new front side markers from Japan for the early car if anyone wants those on the cheap. :P

Damn Jap pics are always so small that I always get excited when I find any high res Sunny race car pics, so I thought I'd share...

http://speedhunters....2V0696-wide.jpg

http://speedhunters....2V0687-wide.jpg

Wish the 210 wasn't blocking the view of the 110. I just found out that I need to change the rear of my drive shaft to mate up to my new 210 rear, bummer! I thought I was going to be driving my sweetheart today. :( I received the parts Saturday, Thanks! If you get a chance, I need an engine cross member, the piece that the emergency brake cable attaches to on the left side with the spring. Mine disappeared while I was doing the rear swap. Also if you don't need it I could use the rear yoke off your parts car drive shaft, but I need that ASAP! If you can get it cut off I'm willing to pay for next day air.

have a extra manual driveshaft and taillight set?

Which lights? Coupe or sedan? Although, I will actually have both as spare, '79 coupe and '81 sedan. I'm buying the '81 coupe lights next week.

As for extra driveshaft, maybe. Just have to look and see if the brown sedan has a driveshaft in it.