'79 210 Coupe build thread

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can you measure that 200sx rear...wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface

I'd be glad to. But it'll be a little while. ;)

I'm going to measure both this and the stock axle to see exactly how much wider it is. Then I'm planning to widen the front track by a similar amount.

I'm sure GG's numbers are solid though.

the explorer 8.8 narrowed with 2 short side axles gives you a 56.5" rear (3" wider), 31 spline axles, disk brakes and a posi...not sure of you power goal but give you the extra track your looking for and if i decide to go on with my b310 project this is the rear setup im going with with some 300zxtt wheels

not sure of you power goal but give you the extra track your looking for and if i decide to go on with my b310 project this is the rear setup im going with with some 300zxtt wheels

Power goals are modest, no more than 150-160hp and torques. Most likely will do either a D21 KA24E (already got) or Frontier KA24DE (can get easily) with dual sidedrafts. This rear end ought to hold up to that just fine.

Only other option I'm considering right now is an SR20DE, which will make less torque than that, so...

The Explorer diff is a good option, just concerned about the size of the pumpkin. To run as low as I want to might require some floor mods to keep the diff from banging the floor. Plus keeping the driveline all Nissan certainly simplifies things. With a KA or Z20E trans, and the S110 diff, a 510 driveshaft should slot right in (shortened of course).

hmmm do I see 6 datsuns in that ^^^oic?

Sadly, there are about 6 more you can't see... :P

Outside:

'79 210 Coupe

'71 1200 Coupe

'71 1200 Coupe

'72 1200 Coupe

'72 1200 Coupe

'73 1200 Coupe

'80 200SX Coupe

'78 620 LB

'74 620 SB

'86 300ZX

'72 510 wagon

'75 B210 sedan

Inside:

'73 1200 Coupe

'71 Honda N600

'77 B210 Coupe

what are those fender mirrors on?

'58 Triumph TR3. There's also a '64 Triumph Spitfire right next to it.

It is less than 1/2 inch wider than a stock 210, and we had one report that it bolts directly in, no welding or modification needed (except for probably the brake lines).

ya it bolts in and the brake lines should just bolt up... they are in the same location as on the 210.

2011-06-30%252010.56.44.jpg

I'm digging this build thread so far, I love race cars :D I've actually been eye ballin' a B210 that's local here, so I can build a 210 race car myself. The "fast back" look is growing on me. :thumbup: (like I need another project, I only have 6 Dattos now) I guess they're like "Jell-O" cuz there's always room for another Datto :D