'79 210 Coupe build thread

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That color looks like my dog's puke! :lol:

FWIW, it won't be that color, it will be a brighter orange. :P

If you get a chance, I need an engine cross member, the piece that the emergency brake cable attaches to on the left side with the spring. Mine disappeared while I was doing the rear swap.

No spare engine crossmembers at the moment. May have that other bit, but not 100% sure which bit you mean?

Also if you don't need it I could use the rear yoke off your parts car drive shaft, but I need that ASAP! If you can get it cut off I'm willing to pay for next day air.

FYI, the u-joints are non-serviceable in these driveshafts. Unless you know someone who can machine the yokes for replaceable joints, or are planning to weld the two halves together without replacing the joints, it might be tough. If you're still game after that, I'll see what I can do.

FWIW, it won't be that color, it will be a brighter orange. :P

No spare engine crossmembers at the moment. May have that other bit, but not 100% sure which bit you mean?

FYI, the u-joints are non-serviceable in these driveshafts. Unless you know someone who can machine the yokes for replaceable joints, or are planning to weld the two halves together without replacing the joints, it might be tough. If you're still game after that, I'll see what I can do.

The part goes behind the brake backing plate, and connects to the parking brake arm with a pin, the other end hooks to the cable that runs across behind the rear axle, and it has a return spring that goes between the backing plate and the part I need. I think I have a ghost in my house because both pieces fell off both sides while I was cleaning up the rear axle, and the other side was right under the cable, but the drivers side is no where to be found. I spent an hour and a half last night moving everything around in my looking for it, and can't find it.

As for the drive shaft, I will talk to the drive shaft shop tomorrow, and see what they say. If they can't provide me with a yoke that will work, I'll let you know.

My second 620 was bright orange with black stripes, and it looked killer. I don't know why Datsun dropped that color, I thought it was one of the best, they also went from bright canary yellow to that ugly mustard yellow witch I can't stand. Your 210 would look killer competition orange with black BRE stripes, just an idea. :cool:

The part goes behind the brake backing plate, and connects to the parking brake arm with a pin, the other end hooks to the cable that runs across behind the rear axle, and it has a return spring that goes between the backing plate and the part I need. I think I have a ghost in my house because both pieces fell off both sides while I was cleaning up the rear axle, and the other side was right under the cable, but the drivers side is no where to be found. I spent an hour and a half last night moving everything around in my looking for it, and can't find it.

Ah. That. Yeah, should be the same part on almost any Datsun. Probably have a few. But take a pic of the other side, just to be 100% sure. ;)

My second 620 was bright orange with black stripes, and it looked killer. Your 210 would look killer competition orange with black BRE stripes, just an idea.

I'm thinking in the neighborhood of this color, with a satin black hood and wiper cowl. That's the plan this week any way. :P

226256_119365201478606_100002153796181_164238_7259221_n.jpg

[quote name='datsunfreak' date='12 March 2012 - 06:40 I'm thinking in the neighborhood of this color, with a satin black hood and wiper cowl. That's the plan this week any way. :P

downsized_1008001544.jpg

My 510 hatch looked that color but primer roof. I liked it made it look mean. Lol

Also just FYI but that 4 light grill verified will fit/ bolt in to the round fronts seen it done. Know you like the squares though just an idea ha

But it won't line up with the early hood. Which would annoy the shit out of me. :P

Might line up good with the late hood? May have to mix and match...

That's a good point... Or should I say a hood point ha. I ran Into that issue when I was looking to shark nose it... The middle dip between the lights looks good butdefibately would make it odd.

I got no use for them. Wanna come down and get them? :P

They seem to be in pretty good shape. Didn't notice any cracks or fading.

shoot me a price shipped up here to OKC....i cant talk myself into the 6hr round trip lol just for some tails

shoot me a price shipped up here to OKC....i cant talk myself into the 6hr round trip lol just for some tails

Will do.

Got some parts in the mail today! :cool:

New JDM side markers

crap_017.JPG

New JDM turn signals

crap_015.JPG

And my bumpers shipped out today, so they should be here on Monday! :hyper:

600x450-2011080200007.jpg

Or course the down side is that those side markers are for an early round-eye car. So... :blink:

It's either sell them on, or go back to the round-eye front. :sweat:

If I can get that JDM round-eye grill from Lonestar, the decision is already made... :cool:

If you go square lights in the front i have a spare grill like the one in your avatar pic, no lights in grill, been deleted. love the build.

could really use a set of frp bumpers for mine too. did you get the bumper brackets too?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey how did the ship you bumpers, regular postal, sal, dhl? tried to order and they quoted me $600 in freight.

I cut them in half and sent them regular post. :P

$350+ to ship whole, $85 to ship cut in half.

The whole thing ended up being a lot cheaper than I was quoted. Basically both bumpers shipped to my door (albeit cut in half) was around $400. :thumbup:

I think to ship them whole they had to go DHL, which was probably the price you were quoted.