• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Did some horse trading for these...

13x8 -32 Cragar wheels from the mid-70s

crap_007~0.JPG

Will need to ditch these monster 215/60-13 tires for some slimmer (and shorter) 185/60-13s soon. I wasn't sure about the chrome finish, but I think on a blue car they could work well. May just get them bead blasted and powdercoated silver?

crap_003.JPG

ya it bolts in and the brake lines should just bolt up... they are in the same location as on the 210.

2011-06-30%252010.56.44.jpg

I hope you document your axel swap. This is very interesting to me.

Nice work! I'm working on de-modding my 210 to being more of a street car. I've put in some nicer rear springs, raised the front coil overs, installed a push button start/stop, and currently putting in a civic center console. I'm not set on completely removing the full cage just yet. I'm working around it for now.

He did document it. In his build thread. B)

And honestly there's not much to "document". It literally bolts right into the car.

Well thank you for letting me know. :sleep:

• 3 weeks later...

Tires on two of them, Falken ZIEX-912 185/60-13

cragar_2_004.JPG

A little "before-and-after" some polishing

cragar_2_012.JPG

Both wheels after

cragar_2_014.JPG

Didn't end up with as much stretch as I wanted, but it's decent. Not enough to be instantly noticeable, but a bit, so it should satisfy both factions. B)

cragar_2_016.JPG

Obligatory lip depth shot... :thumbup:

cragar_2_018.JPG

• Like 1

Should have gotten the 512s. They have a rim protector on them, which makes them looked stretched. I have Falken Zeix 512 195/50/15 on 15x7, and my tires definitely look stretched.

They don't make those in a 185/60-13. B)

At least not at any tire vendor I found. I like the 512 for a daily driver (great rain tire), but for a sunny day toy, the 912 is way stickier. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
any updates??

Nothing worth reporting, just acquiring more stuff...   :rofl:

Decided to go as light weight (and as true to the TS Sunny Cup heritage) as I can so I bailed on the KA idea and decided to stay A-series and shave as much weight out of the car as I can.  :thumbup:

Did some horse trading for a ported/polished race head. Has ceramic-coated intake/exhaust ports and combustion chambers. 

crap_005~3.JPG

Did some more wheeling and dealing for some Solex 40s and a polished intake...

cragar_2_002.JPG

Wanted to do something kinda crazy and found some spun aluminum Hilborn stacks at the swap meet. Only weigh about an ounce each. $30 for 8 of them ain't bad.  B)

normal_my_1200_001.JPG

Also traded Tim some parts he needed for an A15 he had gathering dust. Soon I'll put the A15 on a stand, rebuild the bottom end and put the "new" head/carbs/header on it. 

Planning to take the entire suspension out of my parts car in the next few weeks. Couldn't decide whether to build the suspension before painting the car and risk overspray all over it, or after paint and risk scratching the car. So I decided I'd build up the suspension on the floor using all the bits from the parts car. Then it gets painted at stock ride height, and when it comes back to me I can just jack it up and swap one entire suspension for another.  :thumbup:

• Like 2