Project Drag 521

EricJB

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of updates.( thanks DMC for filling in for me) It's been a really tough season so far, but I think, and hope the worst is over. I am now on my second set of pistons, and my fourth ( yes 4) headgasket. Oh and a broken windshield.

And the new fastest time is...

Wait for it.

ET- 13.59

60ft- 1.70

MPH-95.1

This is last sunday morning. Look at the back tires. I think there's a bit more in it, but I'm going to leave it alone and enjoy it for awhile. 

46523428-SwiftToolET86-9-2013151_zps2dd2

• Like 7

law of diminishing returns - but have you considered moving the engine/trans back more, even possibly moving a little firewall back? Probably dont want to start cutting up this nice truck, and I wouldnt blame you... still, a wheely pulling datsun truck is pretty gangster.

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of updates.( thanks DMC for filling in for me) It's been a really tough season so far, but I think, and hope the worst is over. I am now on my second set of pistons, and my fourth ( yes 4) headgasket. Oh and a broken windshield.

And the new fastest time is...

Wait for it.

ET- 13.59

60ft- 1.70

MPH-95.1

This is last sunday morning. Look at the back tires. I think there's a bit more in it, but I'm going to leave it alone and enjoy it for awhile. 

46523428-SwiftToolET86-9-2013151_zps2dd2

you are my fuckin hero,who needs Superman i got you.awesome. :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Did you disqualify yourself for going under 13.62?

It looks like it's almost pulling a wheelie, lighten the front a little and get them front wheels off the ground, wouldn't that be something, an L block doing a wheelie.  :rofl:

That run was a time run, so no on that run. But I did break out later that day.  

I forgot to show off what I got a few weeks back. I cut a .000 reaction time, and they gave me the perfect light award. Man I look like shit. A very long day.

Ericandtrophy_zps290f1543.jpg

• Like 3

That run was a time run, so no on that run. But I did break out later that day.  

I forgot to show off what I got a few weeks back. I cut a .000 reaction time, and they gave me the perfect light award. Man I look like shit. A very long day.

Ericandtrophy_zps290f1543.jpg

From the size of that award, it doesn't look like that happens very often.

Can you lighten the truck anymore?

The lighter the truck, the faster it will get to the finish line, I mean your not going to pick up any more time off the line with a .000 reaction time, so you are going to have to look somewhere else.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

I know how You can trim some weight.................

SHAVE THOSE BLASTED TIE DOWN HOOKS ! ! ! !

LOL ! !  More aerodynamic too ! ! !

I just read Your whole post. Very impressive ! ! !  You have a true talent ! !  Most of Us just throw stuff on to look fast, YOU are creating history ! ! !  Much kudos for Your talent, Your truck and Your racing ! ! !

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Damn Eric, just read through the thread here. That is some really genius work done there! Nice to see some old kids on the field kicking a$$! 

• Like 1

Wow, you must have dug deep and blown the dust off this thread. I haven't been here in awhile.

What Island are you from? I'm a Lopezian. Lopez school, class of 78. Ya I'm fucking old.

The truck is together and ready if I need it. But I will be running the V8 Z this year. No thread on it, so I will put up some pics and vids of it here. Honestly I never touched the truck at all this winter. I put the rockers back on it, splashed some fuel in it and it fired right up last week. Not really feeling the love for the Z, so if it gives me any grief I will just load the truck and go back to grabbing gears.

I will be attempting a medium block 2443cc (96 stroke by 90 bore) for it in the next year. Also a close ratio gear box with a vertical gate shifter. I have it all mapped out in my head. (insomnia is a bitch) Not sure if I can make it all work though. Might just put a c4 auto in it and call it good. I'm not done with it, just taking a break.

• Like 1

Turned from hunted into hunter. Made it to the semi finals saturday night. Won a whole $60.00. Best time 12.67@108mph. Air filter and single exhaust. Pretty much bone stock. 

• Like 3