• 1 month later...
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

:mad:

my car is running hot. there is water condensation in the crank case hose that connects to the pcv valve and it is using water but there is no water in the oil when i check the dip stick. But when i pulled the valve cover off there was a nice coffee looking build up on the inside of the valve cover. so i decided to not drive it any more till i find a closed chamber head to rebuild :( i have not driven my dime since saturday and it is driving my nuts.

sorry i needed to vent

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well after a long awaited time here are some dirty engine bay pics ater i putt in the l20 and the a 87 head and my fancy custom painted valv cover .lol

i will post some clean engine pics next time

enginel20.jpg

061efe8e1fd2.jpg

7dfb650c0798.jpg

and here is the nos nikki fuel pump i was just given

nikkibox.jpg

nikkifuelpump.jpg

Also after almost a year of having my coil over set up i turned the agx inserts up to 4 for the first time man do's that thing stick so the ground

thata a 620 truck carb by the inlet location.

Importedcarparts.com had them for 9$ and sold out.

also if running a SUPERCOIL make sure you have enough resistance. you need a little more than the stock ballast of 1.6 ohms. Esp if running points still.

where do you see a 620 carb? I am not running points i am runnng a el black box dizzy i have ben running it like this for almost 2 years and have not had any problems. thanks for looking out for me though :)

i just retuned my su's today boy what a change that made. it has a bit more go now.

I stuck a light under my car and turned of the lights in the garage and found out that on my car there is a small hole next to the lower fender bolt(on bolth sides). You cant see it inless you look down the lower hole behind the kick panel with a light on under the car. when it rains and i drive the water creeps up the hole in to the kick panel and makes it look like it is coming through the bottom of the door. so i grabed some sealer i had and filled the whole so far i have not had any water on my floor bored's :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dude, I feel for you witht the water on the floors. I have battled that ever since I got my dime. Especially in the rear seat area, I get two big puddles there no matter what.

my flared 2 door did that 2 check the trunk seal the back window and the vents on the rear pillar o and the quarter windows. Turns out my seal around the the piller vents was bad and it would leak in to the trunk then go under the back seat and on to the floor

• 1 month later...

well now that i have to replace a piston thanks to the valve seat popping out :(( at least the machine shop is paying for the piston and rings and the gaskets to put it back together! and fixing the head):D

me and my cousin are going to rebearing the bottom end polish the rods and do a few other small things

here is a pic of how far i have gotten on the tear down.

almosttothebone.jpg

this will be my first rebuild wish me luck l:D

i noticed something bad today. I was looking at my block today about to finish the tear down when i noticed what looks like 2 small cracks one on each side of the middle head bolt on the driver side of the block. one crack go's to the water jacket on the left. And one go's to the water jacket on the right. i placed a strait edge on it to see if the block was warped but it was not i am hopping it is just a scratch in the metal but i don't think that is all it is. plus i think i am in denial about the crack. lol

why are these l series giving me a hard time:mad: also i just gave my cousin my spare l20 block to my cousin on monday hows that for timing :lol:

fuck that blows man hmm i know a guy who has a spare l20b i was considering seeing if he would part with it so i would have a spare but if your block is bad ill see what i can do

... when i noticed what looks like 2 small cracks one on each side of the middle head bolt

timing is everything :rolleyes: i havent located the bearings yet...

its a common /issue location on the L20.

i had the same cracks (=blown HG???) & its why i went to a Z22 block, well that its was cheaper after the 3rd bad block :cursing:

timing is everything :rolleyes: i havent located the bearings yet...

its a common /issue location on the L20.

i had the same cracks (=blown HG???) & its why i went to a Z22 block, well that its was cheaper after the 3rd bad block :cursing:

yah i might be going with a lz 2.4 a friend of mine had a fellow come in to his shop a while back with a hard body that was not running right. the guy had the Z 2.4 rebuilt by napa. when my buddy did a compression check cylinder 1 was at 140 and 2 3 and 4 where at 160. So i think i might pic it up and fix the compression issue and see if i cant putt my a87 peanut head on it what do you guys think?