dislexic adventure in dimeing

i say my adventure is dislexic because i bought my parts car before my project car

First i got a great deal on a 71 2 door filled with part's.

koni adjustable front struts rear kyb's a set of libras a super coil and a bunch of other stuff

dime.jpg

then i bought my 71 4 door from an eccentric old guy(who liked to drink).

I bought it for part's but decided to keep it once i realized it did not have much rust. Most of the rust was surface rust! The bad part was that the front end was smashed in. But as you will see i fixed it.

4door-1.jpg

4door.jpg

here is what it looks like know after i installed the koni struts kyg's a rebuilt weber new ball joint's tie rod ends tc rod end's(thanks steve) a new head gaskit alternator k&n filter el dizzy excell super coil 8 mm plug wires a tune up

to set's of wheel's and some other stuff

DSCN1021.jpg

and for my birth day my girl bought me a set of su's with an intake. here is a picture of my girl fingering them

DSCN1001.jpg

DSCN1003.jpg

and here is my engine donor it is a 78 hl hatch back with only 60,000 original miles

I am going to stick the l20 from the hl with the dog leg in my 4 door . I am also going to stick a u67 head I have on it with the su's that my girl bought me

DSCN1022.jpg

thanks for looking

mike

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

man i was half a sleep when i made this i cant beleave i left out the pic of my 4 door. well its fixed know lol

Thats a good idea, I've been trying to focus on one rig to. Its tuff for me anyways, stupid 6 datto's :D

yah i had that problem to i just down sized from 6 cars to 3 i have this addiction when it comes to draging car's home

once my roommate gets his two scouts sold i can move the mustang out of the way and stick the dog leg and the l20 in my four door

Dislexic devil worshipers sell their souls to SANTA! :D

HOW DO YOU KNOW?:confused:

on another note

So when me and a friend changed my tc rod bushings on Saturday he pointed out to me that my passenger side front brake line was not lined in rubber in fact it was wrapped in black tape.:eek: How i did not notice this sooner i do not know

so i figure the guy i bought the car from might be a little nuttier than i thought.

SO guess what i just bought. Thats right new brake lines.

I had a 521 that had black tape on the brake lines because the PO installed the wheel cylinders wrong. Every time the wheels where fully turned they rubbed the break lines. So the black tape "protected" them. When I realized what was going on it took about 5 minutes to fix.... Some people I swear.. I guess 2 of us are lucky :D we should go in on a lotto ticket :D on May 10th of coarse :D

I almost forgot to say your dime looks great in black!

i just got my k&n filters for my su's in the mail today.wooowho they where only 37 bones apiece with the chrome covers. now the question is should i stick them on the l16 in my four door and go have some fun or just wait till i drop my l20 in and then put them on the l20?

o and thanks ice wait till i get all the dent's out then it will look sweet when i go flat black with red bre stripes on the side

ps any one know any one who wants to buy a 77 and a 79 scout 2's $2000.00

for the pair they run and drive well one drives the other needs a cable from the pedal to the carb and they need new tires the ones on them are toast

I would put the carbs on now, just to find out if they work or not and you know how to adjust them. I never like the Flatop Sus or any SU unless they were already on a running car ,otherwise I avoid them myself

PS If the HL510/a10 or whatever it is

VG30.com has the 5 speed X memebers for the 510

Carter Boad sells them for Dave Carrol(VG30.com) about 70$

The Scouts should sell OK

Dont they have Dana 44s axles on them as stock?

I would put the carbs on now, just to find out if they work or not and you know how to adjust them. I never like the Flatop Sus or any SU unless they were already on a running car ,otherwise I avoid them myself

PS If the HL510/a10 or whatever it is

VG30.com has the 5 speed X memebers for the 510

Carter Boad sells them for Dave Carrol(VG30.com) about 70$

The Scouts should sell OK

Dont they have Dana 44s axles on them as stock?

my girl got a good deal on the su's so if i dont like them i will sell them

as for the axles on the scouts i think you are right i cant remember. The scout's are my room mates once we get rid of them i can get my car in the garage to stick the l20 in

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i bought these doors off of a friend when i bought them the bondo was cracked and the metal they used to fill the whole was rusted bad. So know i have cleaned up the metal and i will attempt to do body work. wish me luick!

I will post pic's of the after math lol

DSCN1061.jpg

DSCN1060.jpg