• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The machine shop was these guys:

Rocket Empire Machine

(503) 257-7947

6935 Ne Glisan Street,

Portland, OR 97213

Good work, but they don't actually test the flow. BUT they've been doing L-heads and 22RE heads forever.

-Brian

man all that work. I had to push that damn car back most of the way while mikey steered. Felt good until it broke :D

I just hope that cam doesnt have too much lift to where it bent valves. I thought it sounded like it didnt have compression. I never heard any mechanical carnage though so hopefully everything is alright. At this rate my z car is gonna be running for your 10 does mikey :) All I have left is to install a peice of 3/8 fuel line, disable the electric fuel pump power, and put some gas in the tank

doooooooood. that sux mang. I forget how to get to your place again. Can you pm the address? Not sure if i'm gonna make it out this weekend. $$$ OT opp'y again at work. Gonna have a shit ton to waste on the SR soon.

-Brian

well i pulled the front cover got the tensioner out . it was compleatly un dun . the cam stoped in a way that the valvs where almost all closed. so i pulled the chain off . spun the moter to 0 then turned the crank 90degrees so all the pistons where half way through there stroke . then i checked the valv lash on all the valvs and the lash was good on all the valvs except the number 3 exhaust valv there is way to much of a gap between the lobe and the rocker.:( I think i bent a valve :poop:

• 3 weeks later...

its alive i broke it in today i was doing about 25 in second and when i stomped on the gas it broke the tires loose. boy was it fun sliding that thing today. I cant tell you how good it felt to drive my car. It just felt right. i reved it to 7000 once and it was so smooth. it felt like just wanted to keep on going. i know with a little more tuning i can pull more power out of it but that will have to wait till i break it in all the way.

well i figured out what the clack coming from my trans is! my engine is eating the trans . nelsson told me a truck 5 speed wouldnt hold up to this engine but we both figured it would last longer then a week . now i need a z car tranz :) if only he would have told me the truck trans wouldnt hold up be for i putt it in . he thought i still had a z trans in it.