Sightings

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just saw this truck for sale on Craigslist. I think it may be a little much considering it doesnt start, gas tank needs cleaned out, brake lines may be rotted etc. It would make a pretty cool Rat Rod though.

http://indianapolis....3056056993.html

that truck is a joke. they said itsbeen sitting in a barn... looks like its been sitting in a carport that gets crossed by both tornados and desert heat.

Last evening, Tuesday, I was busking and trolling at the West Entrance to the Ross Island Bridge. I had been playing my horn for about two hours and I was getting a little tired, but I still had some tunes on my list that I wanted to get to.

There was pretty heavy traffic and I had my eyes closed trying to concentrate on playing the tunes, getting a big nice sound... get into the "zone" where my subconscious takes over and I'm listening to myself play and not trying to think about playing... relax and not force ideas.

There is a steady stream of traffic waiting to merge and I get just a few moments to capture driver's attention... or not. A guy in a late model Corvette handed me a $20 bill and said, "Wow, Coltrane music at the stop sign!" Now that is one in a million.

I go back to playing, relax and try to get into the zone as quickly as possible. Sometimes nobody will stop for ten or fifteen minutes, then three people in a row will stop and thank me for keeping the music alive and give me cash and goodies. Since I started busking on the streets and down by the river a year and a half ago, I never think about doing it for money. There have been days where I came home with a dollar in change... and days like the one where I made $75 in two hours or the time a guy stopped his Jaguar in the slow lane of Highway 26, middle of the rush hour, runs across three lanes of traffic and gives me a hundred dollar bill.

So, I was getting tired, but I still want to work on these tunes. Some of the shit I have been learning is so fucking hard that if you don't play it every day you lose it. I'm so out in space thinking about how to build lines through chord changes using sequenced patterns... and paying just enough attention to the outside world that I don't fall off the curb and get run over you know?

I hear this familiar sounding engine revving right at me. Out of the corner of my eye I see a dirty white Z car, kinda well worn, just short of urban assault vehicle, pulls out of line, blows past all these cars and zooms right up to the curb where I'm playing.

A gorgeous young lady hands me two dollar bills and with a big smile says something like, Thanks for playing music.

I'm still kinda out in space and trying to comprehend...

I usually say, 'Jazz and blues for you today, thank you." But here is this hott chick in a Z car blowing by all the traffic to give me money!!

Kinda stunned, I blurt out, "Are you on Ratsun?

I think she said, uh huh, or yeah... I couldn't hear well because of traffic noise...

Of all the phrases in the English language I could have used or things I could have said...

I go , "I'm Figbuck!"

She gives me a big smile and says, "AWESOME!!"... then dumps the clutch and zooms off.

I'm in love! Baby who are you? Are you really on Ratsun?

• Like 3

There are not a lot of Datsuns out where I live.

So when I actually get the chance to post in this thread, it is a good day.

6980837E-orig.jpg

I keep seeing this car from the freeway.

Sometimes it's there-sometimes it's not.

710 coupe-waist high grass all around it.

It wasn't for sale, it was a customer's car.

How you know you drive a Ratsun? When the car you're pulling parts from in the junkyard is in better shape than the one you drove there. :rofl:

• Like 2

Saw this brown/tan 240/260 2+2 on I85 today just north of atlanta. Looked like a middle aged bald guy with stunna shades gangsta leanin. lol Made my day especiall when it took off as i was merging on to 285.

tn.jpg