Sightings

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I seen a guy driving a old school Red Datsun Wagon on D street/ hwy 18 Victorville Ca heading into Apple Valley around 330-400pm today 5-19-2012. He Had a Red Ratsun sticker on the rear window. I was turning into Maxwells Burger joint and tooted the Horn when I turned. Any body know this guy?

My son and i are always spotting cool cars. He likes vettes alot. One day he notices something. All the vettes are driven by OLD GUYS. Seriously,, every vette in town has a crotchety old guy in it. By crotchety,, I mean drives like grandma,, and dosent get out of the way. I pass em at 5500 rpm in 2nd gear and you would think that would get them excited enough to press the go pedal. Nope,, they probably dont even notice. Freakin crotchety old vette drivers!

• Like 1

Saw this sweet looong bed in Poulsbo

2012-03-31183209.jpg

2012-03-31183221.jpg

This 620 was at the D-derby last night in Kitsap, sad to see, was obviously somebodys baby at some point, had a shaved smooth tailgate, was de-hooked, frenched antenna, no rust in the seams and was real str8. What a waste.

2012-05-19164222-1.jpg

This just left work. I know you guys will know what this is! It was so clean it hurt for me to touch it.

Not a Datsun, but you gotta love it!

IMAG1458.jpg

IMAG1455.jpg

Wow, that Eagle is CLEAN!! You don't see those very often.

Dale

This 620 was at the D-derby last night in Kitsap, sad to see, was obviously somebodys baby at some point, had a shaved smooth tailgate, was de-hooked, frenched antenna, no rust in the seams and was real str8. What a waste.

2012-05-19164222-1.jpg

Those guys live in Parkland. A block and a half from me. I think its a demo derby family, as there are 3 houses all together and they all have demo cars. They go through a couple Corollas a year too, in addition to the standard 70s full size stuff. They also do scrap metal pickup. It appears that they run them multiple races, though, and then demolish them at the last race of the season.

They had a VERY straight green one they were going to use. Some other guys in my neighborhood traded the one you see here for the green one. I heard that the one they used for demo actually was really rusty and was mostly bondo. It's now really tore up, I saw it today on the trailer. Bed is still straight (on teh passenger side at least) but the front end is demolished.

Ok, thats good to hear, thats a zoomed in pic, never got that close was busy keeping my own car running. Yeah they got a little over enthusiastic and rolled it in one of the races, dont think theres anything good left on it.

Saw a yellow 510 here in keizer turning onto the Salem Parkway from Verda. I was headed in the opposite direction on verda, i woulda honked but my horn doesnt work :(. i believe it was a two door, looked like it had tinted windows, lowered, kinda faded yellow with brighter yellow BRE stripes.

You said you were busy keeping your car running? We're you racing?

Yeah(when the cars not fucked up I run the pitman race), Im the pit crew, my brother in law and I run mini car, car 690. Its a Honderp :devil:

Well I'm not quite as fast as some of you with a camera but today I did manage to get one while at work, 620 4x4, in yelm. Pretty decent butterscotch color. Fontana? flares and bfg km2's.

P05-24-12_1232.jpg

Also saw an early white 510 with camping gear go by me today while I was pruning trees, Yelm also. And numerous 720's.