BOTH GONE, NO MORE PARTS.

So I went to Spalding's a few weeks ago and a guy I know who's been trying to get rid of two 510s for about two years threatened me with taking them to Pull and Save. Me: "The horror! It's sacrilege!" Anyway, I went to take a look and ended up going ahead with it. Not that I need any more vehicles, just couldn't let these be scrapped and I got them for a decent price.

Anyway, going to go up tonight when my buddy Dan gets off work and then we're going to borrow my other buddy Tyson's trailer and try and get them both back here tonight. They are rusty. There is a '69 and a '72. Both 4 doors. The '68 is by far rustier, the '72 is a bit better, but has some issues. First thing will be dragging my bodyman Regy (rjrieth, who still hasn't made his first post!!!) over and have him take a look to see if either is worth saving as a whole car.

I suspect the '69 will be parted out, the '72 will possibly be the new driver at some point considering it's a lot straighter. Or if Regy thinks they're not worth it, I'll cut out a quarter and a core support to get my current 510 all pretty, and then who knows with the rest. Not in any hurry, they'll probably sit for a while. I just rolled the 510 into the garage for tear down and inspection of the motor/trans/braking system. Plan on having it down for a while, and of course it will depend on the condition of the other two. Not set in stone what I'm going to do yet.

What is set in stone is I want a pretty 510. One that looks as nice as my hardbody, body-wise. (Shouldn't be hard since it doesn't look THAT nice.) As far as the motor, I'd like to build another one. Preferably a KA24DE with about 250 hp NA. While that is certainly possible, I doubt I'll have the money to spend on that build anytime soon. Anyway, I'll have more pictures tonight after we get them back.

• Like 7
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, both have titles. They both have rust, I'd like to make rollers of them, but it's hard to say. I haven't had a chance to really inspect them yet. The '68 looks pretty bad for cancer in the rockers/fenders, possibly the pan but haven't been able to raise them up and look underneath yet. Floor pans are whole on both in the front, but soft and crunchy. Lots of deflection. Good they haven't rotted out, but probably not far from it.

• Like 1

So here we are late night, listening to Easy E of all things. Got both the 510s home and we're waiting for a pizza and I'm on the laptop typing while also uploading oics. Pizza just came!

new510s1.jpg

new510s2.jpg

new510s3.jpg

new510s4.jpg

new510s5.jpg

new510s6.jpg

new510s7.jpg

Nice buy!

Did you check all their lug nuts? mellow.gif

Haha, yeah, only a few tires have two lugnuts on. Had to switch tires, a couple wouldn't hold air.

Glad that Mick made you a deal, but I wish he wasn't so greedy with the pns threats. Id like to come check them out when you get them home!

I'm off tomorrow, you can come see me anytime sweetie! ;)

I'm off tomorrow, you can come see me anytime sweetie! ;)

I have a date tomorrow so no dice. Dude, thats just surface rust, there is no bad cancer that i can see...........dont part both of em, make me a deal on the one u dont want! I need a ratsun car now LOL

Alright, just about vacuumed all the mouse turds out of the '68. Found some good cancer through the front floor, gas pedal came off with carpet, still attached though. Other than that, it doesn't look that bad, except I can see through the trunk in the fenderwells, and through the floor on the other side. Still, not as bad as I thought. Regy hasn't gotten off work to come check them out yet though.

The main annoyance is the eradication of multiple wasp nests. Still a bunch of wasps swarming around, one nest in the cowl that I killed but haven't removed yet. Sucked a lot of them into the shop vac as they buzzed around, that was fun.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.