Here's one way to deal with a lemon Porsche.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I take back my rant now after that last post saying the club is non-profit and he can write off the whole car. (Still seems a waste of a Porsche.)

Technically it's no worse than shooting up another said vehicle because it cost too much to repair. In this case, I think the Porsche would have still been worth it to save, so imo he's a fucking moron. He could have sold it sans engine to another Porsche geek and not wasted a perfectly good chassis and could have still made more than 20k.

Then again, most people with money enough to buy a car like that are morons, and this car might have just as well been a Yugo, rather than a Porsche. The principle is the interesting thing.

It's one thing to shoot up a car in the woods long abandoned. There's no history, generally it's scrapped, and it's not cost-effective to remove. But to have a perfectly good car with a bad motor shot up? Unless the car was worth LESS THAN 20K, there's no reason for this. And even then, principle dictates you should get some return on investment, even if it's crap. A scrap yard might well have paid him 10k-40k for the shell (I don't know what Porsches go for).

All in all, seems really dumb. I'm sure the guy has more money than brains though, so he'll just go buy a new beamer now. :huh:

Matt, you make me laugh.............whats heavier, a ton of feathers or a ton of coal? A scrap yard deals in weight, and porsches dont weight shit...thay could give a rats ass.....No i think if MAYBE they took it to an auto recycler they may get something for it, but how often do porsche people call up spaldings looking for stuff? Look at all of the luxury hi performance cars for sale on ebay that have light damage..there was this AMG badass big 4 door car, cant remember the model, and it was only a buy it now for 14K........runner driver..I sourced all the parts to fix it for under 3K......yet the owner didnt want it fixed. Normal people that pay that much for cars dont want wrecking yard parts on their car.its a snob thing. However this guy........not sure. It reminds me of the Rick James chappelles show skit. "They should have never given you white trash money"

Lulz

• Like 1

Does no one know that there's an entire industry based on scrapping Porsches?

http://jalopnik.com/5801562/inside-las-largest-porsche-recycling-shop

There is for dattos too, just not as fancy pants. I know of a few shops that hunt roadsters just for parts but these are cars that will never see the road again.. Less my broke ass owns it.

There is for dattos too, just not as fancy pants. I know of a few shops that hunt roadsters just for parts but these are cars that will never see the road again.. Less my broke ass owns it.

Hunting dead Dattos is like organ harvesting. These parts would normally go to waste but can be used to keep other Dattos on the road.

Apparently the guy had already spent thousands of dollars trying to get the car fixed before Porsche finally said "$20k will set her right."

At that point, if you have so much money that a Porsche is pocket change, I wouldn't bother with trying to sell/scrap her either, I'd want the damn thing destroyed in a beautiful fashion as well.

This is one hell of a telling picture:

cb648c9aa6fc3d9a2f20e35d_1.jpg

Whoever went out there to set up those clays has balls made of tungsten steel.

http://whatsonjinan....t-practice.html

....... maybe I could 'donate' my X wife?

Isn't there a law against shooting live cattle?

On a second though, it looks like someone voodoo'd the car and shoved a creepy styrofoam head in the window.

Wonder what the tax write off for donation would be.

Not sure if... ha! Comm2A is indeed a non-profit organization, providing education on guns and gun safety. Guess the dude wasn't so dumb after all, he gets to write off the entire blue book value of the car which is far more than it was worth trying to sell it.

the porsche is all aluminum/titanium, which weighs less, yet is worth more than steel. I'm sure someone'll get a fair amount of scrap value on it. I think steel is like $150 per ton atm, I know a truck bed load of alloy wheels brought my buddy about $900, and I doubt it was ton worth.

HRH, deleting is Cheating!

And furthermore, Who The Fuck Cares? Its just some Tard and some chitty Portsche :confused:

Herr-huh reserves the right to cheat! :D