izzo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMAG0310_zps24d3c0e3.jpg

izzo_zps7d563d19.jpg

Kirden, he has them made up. Getting them on friday/saturday :lol:  I was going to do the Your mom rated E, above the facebook one... Still might move them around and do it. we shall see. I have enough to redo it later.  Good enough for now

• Like 1

I only made 6 1/2 of the E for everyone ones... I wonder if that'll be enough. I have 6 more cut on the table, just haven't weeded them. Oh, and I have white AND also blue "your mom likes this" this year :D Variety is the spice of your wife.

whos the lovely lady gazing into the rear window with u sir?

That would be the girl friend.  She's amazing!

Scored some badass Applicance Turbovec wheels for the B!!! Gonna be nice... Going to polish the lip and lines, then paint the insides black... DOPE!

IMAG0368_zpsb12614a2.jpg

• Like 1

Hory shet. Six ours of sanding on this rim.  180, then ??, then 1000, then 1500.  Wet sand on the last three, did the second two twice, and the last grit four times.

Looks a lot better.

however..........

I can't get the black stuff off the rough cast.  I have tried regular cleaners, brillow pad, etc. Can't get them clean. I used something HRH told me about in the past, which is napa brand Aluminum brightener.  That was the only thing (its a really strong chemical) I could get to work.  After spraying it on, I waited thirty seconds, then scrubbed the rough cast with a wire brush. Did this for an hour, and this is as clean as I could get it. you can still see the black stuff that I wasn't able to scrub off in an hour.

Any one have some good shit that will knock that off in a quick? I don't feel like spending more $ on more chemicals that about singe my nose hair for the same results...

Anyways, one hour scrubbing with aluminum brightener.  6 hours sanding, and one light coat of mothers alum polish (i will polish it again with a dremel to get max shine...

This is before

IMAG0368_zpsb12614a2.jpg

this is after

IMAG0376_zps0b6f9e83.jpg
IMAG0374_zps75306052.jpg
IMAG0373_zpse7ea6231.jpg

• Like 3

I believe they are aluminum.  The other stuff doesn't seem strong enough. the alum brightener has always worked well (sometimes requires a little scrubbing) but on this, its been a real bitch.  Maybe partly due to the fact its in those tiny spots. but even with a wire brush (stainless steel welding wire brush, a small one) its taking some work getting all of it off. I used mothers alum polish on the lip aftarwards and it turned black like it should.

True. Well, I used this same stuff on western turbines and got the same effect, it worked really well cleaning it. Either way, the issue is not so much with it cleaning the aluminum/mag. Its more the shit its not cleaning off, the insides of the rough metal. It cleans it mostly, but not the black stuff thats caked/stuck on.  that's what I'm trying to get cleaned off. The rest cleans up real nice.

See, here is what it did for me before.

before

IMAG0418.jpg

After

DSCF0162.jpg

You can see the stuff works great, but just isn't cutting like it normally does. I've tried multiple cleaners, and this alum brightener. It worked great, cept the black shit.. It's not coming off that easy. Maybe I just need to spend a couple hours scrubbing them. Then stay on top of it from here out.  Just wish there was an easier more effective/faster way to get these cleaned up.

Maybe they are mag. Either way I need something that will get the stuff off!

Here's some info I found on the510realm.  They are getting painted and polished the same as what you see on the page.

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18908

I used to refurbish wheels at my old job. Sometimes that black shit would never come off no matter what we used. If you are going to be painting the insides, I would just rough it up with some sandpaper and paint over it. If that blac shit didn't come off within 5 minutes of just wiping with a towel and this red stuff called red power, (concentrated grease remover) we used a scuff pad and some of the red shit and scrubbed the ever loving shit out of the wheels. If it didn't come off, we sanded down the worst areas to make them smooth, (it was always on a flat surface, not like the surfaces on your wheels) then painted over it and it looked brand new. You could use a sandblaster and blast the shit off too....

• Like 1

Spray spay scrub scrub

Four hours of scrubbing. Maybe one more left. Then they will be super clean.

Six hours of sanding in one rim alone. Three rims left. Put in about an hour on another rim. I'll finish it up another day. Going to test a dremel with felt tip and mothers alum polish on a non sanded rim to see what it looks like. Coupe more nights of work and they will be ready for rubber and going on the b. Pics later probably tomorrow

B gets wheels... profit... wait. No profit give it to your girl friend. Shes pretty.

hahaha.  I tell her she is all the time, i think she is anyways. 

The b gets wheels.  and moar lower if i can find some cheapish rcas

IMAG0383_zpsd3766963.jpg

IMAG0382_zps42a01ff7.jpg

IMAG0381_zps6a25a155.jpg

IMAG0379_zps532a6287.jpg

IMAG0378_zps7ac3c603.jpg

IMAG0377_zps7c124a87.jpg