The next episode.

izzo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Hey in all fairness I REALLY wanted to keep that truck (for at least a year or two lolz). All I had to do was clean some wiring up, slam it and drive it. But I can't do anything without a title. (I just don't have the resources for that honestly.)

The hunt continues for a truck...

Had the b for a year and few months now. Did a motor swap and trans swap on the goon. Bought it tires. Did brakes on them both. Put titles in my name....

As I was wrenching on the wagon tonight, a stranger rolled up and started talking to me about the wagon. Just down the street, there is a hidden 521!! He said it was restored, then the owner got MS and shoved it behind a building, and its been sitting since. Now what he told me about it makes me wonder how much is really true about this truck. But, its worth checking out. Will see if I can get a peak at it.

Not that one, the one you previously mentioned hidden down the street. I also know where there is a 521 in my town here that I discovered. Don't know who owns it though

Ill be checking on the 521 here soon. I found the location of it, and its very hidden. you can't see it from the road. I don't want to just go walking around, so I need to figure out a proper approach.  Given that the owner got MS just after he finished it, it's probably sentimental.  I'd be happy with just talking to the owner and snapping some pictures.  Maybe convincing him to pull it out, give it a wash and bring it to canby...

IMAG0230_zps023235d8.jpg
IMAG0229_zpsee7f63ea.jpg
IMAG0227_zpsa8002411.jpg

the studs I used are way to large... Should have went with smaller ones.  They still need trimmed, but doesn't need done right now. 

Lulz, it's not as close as it looks to the ground really...  Just needs cut down a bit. They are like 5-6" long.  Only needs to be long enough to thread a nut, lock washer, and washer. 

Weather man callin for rain for the next week.  So, car will get cleaned up in that time. now that I got the trans all hooked up and done, I don't have any money for gas :lol:  Driving the B to work since I just filled it up..  Luckily payday is only a week away.  Can pull the front of the car in and install the rally lights too maybe.

^^^ That's actually not that long. its from Astoria, to warrenton.  There is a longer one, four miles long from Astoria to washington.  You will see it in Short Circuit, where he flies off the bridge lulz.

This is the long one....

meglerbridgemap.jpg

I've been on that many times too.. In picture it looks like the bridge has a corner in it ,, and i like to associate the bridge with Goonies :lol: although i could watch both those movies back to back even at my age..

I must also point out that i was very surprised when you sold the orange wagon ,, and can tell by your posts how much you still miss her , so keep that in mind when someone offers to make you rich :D ..  I don`t know if i ever told you but the thread on you guys going to pick-er up and getting her going and such was one of the reasons i joined up here.....Well actually the picture of a crazy dude filling up his car cigarette in mouth  ,,,,,,,,,,, yep i belong here.

i think i'm getting farklemt,, talk amongst yourselves

coffeetalk2-1.jpg

I've been on that many times too.. In picture it looks like the bridge has a corner in it ,, and i like to associate the bridge with Goonies :lol: although i could watch both those movies back to back even at my age..

I must also point out that i was very surprised when you sold the orange wagon ,, and can tell by your posts how much you still miss her , so keep that in mind when someone offers to make you rich :D .. I don`t know if i ever told you but the thread on you guys going to pick-er up and getting her going and such was one of the reasons i joined up here.....Well actually the picture of a crazy dude filling up his car cigarette in mouth ,,,,,,,,,,, yep i belong here.

i think i'm getting farklemt,, talk amongst yourselves

coffeetalk2-1.jpg

I miss that orange car like you wouldn't believe man. What's funny is when I got there the lady said it ran. Had a dead battery, bad alt, and wiper linkage was stuck. New battery, new alt, new tires. Wrenched down the tc rod bolts and she was good to go.