Canby 2012: Are we there yet?

wildmaninid

Ive been going since 07' I believe? Last couple years have been super nice but I also recall it being raining on the saturday the first two years I went but it usually clears up. Im praying for some sun like last year!

what kind of service tristin?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about running a "booth" to provide some car photography. I know people always like nice pictures of their cars, so I figured if the weather was nice I could do it. Depending on how many cars show up, I could say one shot (final shot, as I do multiple exposures) free and you could pay to have more if you wanted. It would be like prom pictures. I hear theres plenty of room at the grounds so I can find a spot with a decent enough background and just have cars roll through that spot, stop for ten or so minutes and then the next one could roll through. Ive done it for car meets in the past and its been successful for all parties.

If there are too many people then my fun time relaxing down there would be ruined, but I dont mind snapping one of each car if its only a decent to good turnout and not a ridiculous turnout.

We could set it up to have all 510s in a row, 610s in a row, blah blah blah for pano shots of the event. Ive never gone that crazy at events before, but it could be fun.

I was thinking of doing things too, but decided not to because I'm to busy looking at everything else. Don't want to be tied to anything like having a booth, or vendor spot.

I'd say around 150-200 datsun at a given time.

Larry

Ha f*ck that... Yeah I wont be doing it for 150-200 cars. Thats a little too dedicated than I want to be. Ill still bring a small amount of gear with me and maybe will do it for the guys camping out. Or maybe just the Ratsun guys.

2eDeYe' timestamp='1335369441' post='676096']

Haha at Jeff and Mike :lol:

edit: At least Jeff had an electric blanket lol

haha Lets just say I was thinking ahead. I will definitely be bringing the electric blanket again :)

That sounds like a good idea but yeah it would make your trip more busy then you would want or at least for me it would. Canby is always awesome because you just walk around, talk to people, and look at datsuns. A pano shot of a couple cars would be ideal I think, I'd buy one!

June 9th and 10th.

and the 11th is awards day.

I just found out my granddaughters first dance recital is on the 10th, so I will be showing up a little later on Saturday...was hoping to do the Friday to Sunday thing this year. See you guys Sat around 5 or so. :D

Figured I should have a post in here some where... I will be attending. Bringing a 720 from Tacoma area... Probably not going to train with people, but i will wave when y'all drive by... :) My truck likes 55-60mph... THATS IT!!!

I will be heading down there Friday to set up camp. Going to bring a loaf of bread and some PB&J, also my Coleman and some Top Ramen... and beer... lots of beer...

bringing rain gear, and maybe some spare parts to sell, barter, give the eff away...

the 8th is Fri, 9th is Sat and the 10th is Sun

Fri is just a set up day.

setting up show stuff, camp site ect.

theres no show action till Sat (9th) and Sun (10th)

Friday is the fun of getting there. (road trip) Pulling in surrounded by strange people you only know on line. Everyone within 300 yards in all directions, all in some way connected to a car that hasn't been made in 25 years. Everyone comfortable knowing that everyone else has something in common with them. Friendly nods. Friday night is meeting old friends and watching an engine swap..

• Like 1