All Datsun swap meet and car show Eagle Rock socal

Anyone know if that girl pushing the stroler ever found her keys?

My wife never found her keys and we ended up pay $100 bucks to have a key made and we sat there for about 2 hrs waiting for them , and had to pay and extra day on the u haul . For me Yesterday and the night before were epic fail :( .

But I did see tons Of sick datsuns and cool people :) .

I so say There needs to be a bigger venue I say at least 3 to 4 times the size.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife never found her keys and we ended up pay $100 bucks to have a key made and we sat there for about 2 hrs waiting for them , and had to pay and extra day on the u haul . For me Yesterday and the night before were epic fail :( .

That's jacked up. Someone had to have seen the keys somewhere. I can't imagine why you would not take a set of keys and drop them at the food booth.

Thanks jose and crew for the great place and hospitality!!! I didnt hear the megaphone this time bring it back I missed it!!!! Im laughing at the4 long day posts a long day is up at 4 to the swap by 5 cleaned up by 3 and the drive home by 1230? 1 am thats a long day oh and up at 450 am for work monday IM TIRED today Thanks for everything guys Randy

That's suck man, that was my little brother that was helping you to unloud your truck. And yes would like more bigger spaces. Thank's Jose and the crew..

Did anybody took pic of that lit-black beauty 68 L-series, libras with flares, that thing was calling me across my spaces.:o

i think i saw goki but who knows, maybe star struck i guess or the dude with the safety orange beanie that was talking to him or the group, so i didnt want to bug... can anybody confirm if his "dattosan" datsun in japanese was bigger at the swapmeet than the ones he made previously?.... looks cool no matter what.:D :thumbup:

the510keeper is a cool dude too.... he is pivotal to the datsun community.

Yup...I was there....and safety orange beanie is Scumie510. You should've interrupted him and said hi! He's usually blabbling at nonsense anyways! :lol: (just kidding scumie!)

Anyway...DATTOSAN stickers are the same size..I haven't changed the sizes (unless custom requested to) ;)

-goki

Pics

The 1st one is my fav.

So cute

lasvagas11_1536.jpg

And who is this guy, some people and their NOS doors ha ha

lasvagas11_1540.jpg

The goon squad made it,

lasvagas11_1530.jpg

Sweettttttttttttttt

lasvagas11_1541.jpg

lasvagas11_1514.jpg

lasvagas11_1524.jpg

lasvagas11_1525.jpg

lasvagas11_1526.jpg

lasvagas11_1527.jpg

lasvagas11_1517.jpg

Sick 4 door Bluebird, no one showed up in a Coupe WTF

lasvagas11_1520.jpg

lasvagas11_1518.jpg

lasvagas11_1519.jpg

lasvagas11_1516.jpg

lasvagas11_1515.jpg

lasvagas11_1512.jpg

Tommy get off your phone and sell some stuff

lasvagas11_1508.jpg

521 rollin spokes

lasvagas11_1506.jpg

awesome to see that i'm no safer buying something at a datsun swap meet as i would be buying something on Ebay, with no pictures, and terrible feedback.

what i was being told i was buying.

R180

4.11:1 FD

LSD (i neglected to ask whether it was a Viscous or Clutch type, but regardless it was supposed to be an LSD)

what i got

R160

3.54:1 FD

Open (2 pinion) Diff.

nice to see at my first Datsun swap meet, and my first weekend owning a Datsun period i get completely fucked over by a Vendor.

if anyone knows who was selling all the rear end's directly east of Jame's spot and right behind the Datsun 510 that was for sale on a trailer i would love to get in touch with him.

awesome to see that i'm no safer buying something at a datsun swap meet as i would be buying something on Ebay, with no pictures, and terrible feedback.

what i was being told i was buying.

R180

4.11:1 FD

LSD (i neglected to ask whether it was a Viscous or Clutch type, but regardless it was supposed to be an LSD)

what i got

R160

3.54:1 FD

Open (2 pinion) Diff.

nice to see at my first Datsun swap meet, and my first weekend owning a Datsun period i get completely fucked over by a Vendor.

if anyone knows who was selling all the rear end's directly east of Jame's spot and right behind the Datsun 510 that was for sale on a trailer i would love to get in touch with him.

Sorry, but you should've known better. R180 LSD's are rare and $$$. When you posted that you'd bought an R180 LSD I couldn't decide if I should post or not, whether to ask if you'd bought ocean front property in Arizona as well, or if you were also there passing out benjamins to every person that walked by. I'm sorry you got taken, and of course I think you should get your money back, but educate yourself before buying parts next time. R180's are physically different from R160's so you should have known immediately that it at least was not an R180.
  • Like 1

Yes this does suck. Most of the same venders do show up every-time at this swapmeet. Don't let this one incident discourage you.

I have bought a car that someone told me had custom springs etc, ended up selling the parts. Me not taking the time to double check, the parts ended up being painted stock cut springs. Sometimes these things happen. I gave the guy his money back at the next swapmeet. This happened 8 years ago.

Cool that you got yourself your first 510. Looking forward to seeing where you take this car. Project build on it's way we hope. Congrats

Sorry, but you should've known better. R180 LSD's are rare and $$. When you posted that you'd bought an R180 LSD I couldn't decide if I should post or not, whether to ask if you'd bought ocean front property in Arizona as well, or if you were also there passing out benjamins to every person that walked by. I'm sorry you got taken, and of course I think you should get your money back, but educate yourself before buying parts next time. R180's are physically different from R160's so you should have known immediately that it at least was not an R180.

like i said, im new to the community and have only learned about R160,180's etc from pictures. up until the swap meet i had never held one in my hand or personally inspected it.

and even if somehow he misheard me when i asked if he had any R180's i was still told it had a 4.11FD and a LSD. two things that would be difficult to check if the rear sticker was missing.

like i said, im new to the community and have only learned about R160,180's etc from pictures. up until the swap meet i had never held one in my hand or personally inspected it.

and even if somehow he misheard me when i asked if he had any R180's i was still told it had a 4.11FD and a LSD. two things that would be difficult to check if the rear sticker was missing.

It's fairly simple to check to see if the diff is open, or otherwise non-functioning as a clutch LSD if it has the stub output shafts in place. If it's a clutch pack LSD (CLSD), then the output stubs will turn together when one is turned, and should continue to turn together unless a fair amount of force holds one side from turning. Or hold one and turn the input and there should be a strong amount of force trying to turn the output stub you're holding. On an open unit if you turn one output stub then the other will likely turn backwards, and if you hold one output stub and turn the input then the other output stub will turn without much force on the stub you're holding. This goes out the window if the carrier has been welded, obviously. Either way, a real CLSD R180 can easily run $800 and higher, so it would be prudent to pull the rear cover on the spot. Any seller that won't let you do this with the agreement that you'll buy it if it's truly an LSD is most likely a liar. The gear ratio is also a simple matter of counting rotations.

Man that sucks!! If you are familiar with these diffs you can tell the difference EASILY! most Dastun LSD's don't have stickers on the cover. A vendor should be responsible enough to know exactly what he is selling but mistakes do happen best to try and get in touch with him and hopefully he will be honest and make things right with you! Good luck, I hate to see someone get burned especially someone who is new to this :o

Man that sucks!!

I hate to see someone get burned especially someone who is new to this :o

be happy you didnt pay more for the education.

if its someone who is there frequently, im sure it can be taken care of.

i bought a broken part if it makes you feel any better. :angry:

but i know the seller ;)