All Datsun swap meet and car show Eagle Rock socal

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn looks like I missed a lot...Got out there about 11, didn't see a bunch of those cars.

Went out looking for a short runner intake for dual Mikunis, didn't find one but heard there was a guy selling one that left prior to me getting out there. Anyone know who that might be???

when did the cars stop coming in? i left at 10 because the heat was zapping me.

its funny because it seems the fashonably late cars and trucks got more attention because they had to drive through the people and vendors to their spot. it looked like a pack of meerkat's as the vehicle passed by:

meerkats.jpg

:D

I left around 10:45 the sun was beating me like a step-child, i drank like 4 bottles of water. I got most of what i wanted mostly parts from 510 keeper and he took a nice side shot of my car.

It's fairly simple to check to see if the diff is open, or otherwise non-functioning as a clutch LSD if it has the stub output shafts in place. If it's a clutch pack LSD (CLSD), then the output stubs will turn together when one is turned, and should continue to turn together unless a fair amount of force holds one side from turning. Or hold one and turn the input and there should be a strong amount of force trying to turn the output stub you're holding. On an open unit if you turn one output stub then the other will likely turn backwards, and if you hold one output stub and turn the input then the other output stub will turn without much force on the stub you're holding. This goes out the window if the carrier has been welded, obviously. Either way, a real CLSD R180 can easily run $800 and higher, so it would be prudent to pull the rear cover on the spot. Any seller that won't let you do this with the agreement that you'll buy it if it's truly an LSD is most likely a liar. The gear ratio is also a simple matter of counting rotations.

the differential had no stubs on it, and i was unsuccessful in making it 'behave' like a open differential at the event. after getting the cover off i've still been unsuccessful to get the spider gears to rotate, so it's either damaged (i got disgusted and walked away before i could look that close and or remove the diff) or something is caught in the spider gears.

are you the seller? because i've never seen someone so vigorously defend a seller that sold someone a part with a glorified fairy tale. or maybe I'm just use to a community more willing to stand behind the person that got scammed. Clicky

thanks jose for the event it was nice ride and the show was just perfect lots of diferent cars than last time hopefully I can make it for the next meet also thanks to all the guy who got emblems from me if any body needs more emblems just send me a pm and I can ship to any place in the usa or just send a text 650 810 6108

the differential had no stubs on it, and i was unsuccessful in making it 'behave' like a open differential at the event. after getting the cover off i've still been unsuccessful to get the spider gears to rotate, so it's either damaged (i got disgusted and walked away before i could look that close and or remove the diff) or something is caught in the spider gears.

are you the seller? because i've never seen someone so vigorously defend a seller that sold someone a part with a glorified fairy tale. or maybe I'm just use to a community more willing to stand behind the person that got scammed. Clicky

Dude I told you it wasn't a good deal. Because even if it's a r180 vlsd it's still a wrx one. Right?

I did see you walkin with the diff in question. I think that if the guy sold you a diff he knew was not an LSD I think we should burn him at the stake the next time we see him. I have no idea who this guy is but that is just wrong. I will say on behalf of ratsun SORRY you got burned. No way to treat a new 510 owner. :(

Yeah, I'm the seller :rolleyes: uhh, no. That's why I gave you all that info and said you should get your money back in my first response. :rolleyes: How about some pics of what you did get? It could be a VLSD from a subaru and the seller made a couple mistakes. A subaru VLSD carrier looks very similar to an open carrier. Half the time people don't know what they're selling, that's why I'm saying YOU need to be the one informed. Of course you should be able to get your money back, I'm just trying to help you get educated. See sig.

Damm! Pretty strong words for someone that is trying to give you some good advice on Diffs :unsure: We know your upset and that you got burned! and we are trying to be sympathetic to your situation and offer up some good advice. The lesson, don't be gullible educate yourself to prevent the possibility of someone trying to take advantage of you overall vendors at the swapmeets are pretty honest but there is always a possibility that someone might try to take advantage or just make an honest mistake because they may also lack the knowledge or were given miss information as well.

If you find that it's a subi diff let me know. I make the side axles that will bolt to the datsun half shafts.

stubscar005.jpg

:thumbup: My question is: is anyone making these for a direct adaptation to a widely accepted CV joint so that we can run the subie diff and go straight to CV's? hub stubs as well?

:thumbup: My question is: is anyone making these for a direct adaptation to a widely accepted CV joint so that we can run the subie diff and go straight to CV's? hub stubs as well?

Now you're getting somewhere.

is anyone making these for a direct adaptation to a widely accepted CV joint so that we can run the subie diff and go straight to CV's? hub stubs as well?

I make the side axles that will bolt to the datsun half shafts.

looks like you have a new project john! ;)

you could put it together with wolf creek for a complete package :w00t:

its a datsun, not a neon.

we dont believe in fairly tales!

are you the seller? because i've never seen someone so vigorously defend a seller that sold someone a part with a glorified fairy tale. or maybe I'm just use to a community more willing to stand behind the person that got scammed.

you were not in another country, where you could not ask questions, you got it face2face!

if you knew what you should be looking for, this would not of happened.

how many other people there could have determined whether it was or not?

how many did you ask?

apparently this guys --> :hairy: warning was insufficient to wake you from the fairly tale that had your head spinning with delight.

... like my friend who did score an LSD for a steal! :fu:

if you find the guy and still have an issue, you may still find someone here willing to help you out. :unsure:

you never know, he could make it right on his own.

JDMconartists are outed rapidly

You let me know what CV to use and I'll make it happen. That was the first thing I asked when the guy came to me with the idea.

You let me know what CV to use and I'll make it happen. That was the first thing I asked when the guy came to me with the idea.

john hit me up i have a guy that has the r180 diff and see if we can do something with his 510 call me 951 214-9555

I know there is a guy who always shows up selling diffs and trannys at local meets. His stuff is garbage. You will learn that people are full of it, when it comes to honesty. I am quickly learning here. I have seen more people getting burned than anything else. Its a racket, you should approach the guy!!! :devil: