610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone have a picture of a 73 610 wagon's rear bumper brackets?

even a 73 610 sedan rear bumper bracket picture would help

Just for heads up it is NOT listed in the '73 chassis and body manual. Beautiful pic of the front brackets and  only like 2 paragraphs on the rear bumper with no useful pics.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a picture of a 73 610 wagon's rear bumper brackets?

even a 73 610 sedan rear bumper bracket picture would help

1973 610 sedan rear bumper brackets are the same as a 1973 610 coupe.

I thought I'd post here where 610 lovers might see the info rather than in Wrecking Yard Report. Today I saw a '76 2-door 610 at Pull n Save North Spokane WA. I think the model is a sedan (?). Rear quarter window looks like the first pic in post #2122 (page 107) of this thread. Nice straight body except the roof is caved in. All the main panels - doors, hood, fenders, - looked really good, although I'm not saying perfect. Pretty minimum rust for a Datsun: a little at the bottom of one or both doors, but fixable. Auto tranny. Glass and window trim all there and good. Tail lights and grill were gone and probably other minor parts. I think the steering wheel was gone.

It is a 60 mile trip there for me and I've got plenty of work to do on my own cars, so I can't really get parts for anyone.  But I thought I'd post the info for anyone who might be desperate for 610 body parts and wants to make a flying trip to beautiful Spokane. I looked at a bunch of cars there today so if you ask me if some little part was on the 610, I won't remember.

Len

• Like 1

Thanks Len.. maybe I'll make the road trip and take some prisoners..

I hope someone can swoop down and grab everything possible before it goes to the crusher. I have no idea when that will be - maybe a couple more weeks. I think P&S will sell complete cars even after they are out in the yard, but I've always been afraid to ask them or find out what they charge for a whole car.  This 610 is borderline worth trying to fix. A new roof could be welded on, but that probably isn't cheap unless you have a bodyman who works for beer. I've always wondered when a roof is caved in if it is possible to push it back out and ever get it straight again. Seems like there would be too much stretch in the metal. Probably be better to cut in a sunroof although I don't care for that look myself.

Here is the P&S website if that helps goad someone into making the trip to Spokane: http://www.pullandsave.com/north/home.htm

Open 7 days a week except a few holidays. P&S has another location in the Spokane Valley too.

Len

Do you recall if the windshield was cracked or damaged in any way?

I'm pretty sure the windshield was good, I didn't look really closely, but I remember saying to the guy with me that the windshield was good as far as no cracks. But I didn't look closely from inside. Sometimes an old windshield will have a million little pits from road sand. I can't remember if a 610 windshield is held in by the rubber molding like a 510 or is glued in. I think my '79 SX is glued in. Only matters as far as what tools to bring. There is a Hazard Freight on the N side of Spokane maybe 2 or 3 miles from the N P&S. Always easy to buy more tools when needed.

We were concentrating on getting a door and backseat from a '72 Datsun 1200 for his 1200. Looking at the 610 was kind of an after thought. I should have had a camera along, but didn't think we would be at P&S.

Len

When we first looked at the 610 yesterday, both doors were locked. I'm not sure if the guy that got the steering wheel planned to come back for more interior parts and locked the doors to keep everyone out. Or maybe someone was just playing with the cool lock knobs on the doors and accidentally lock them. I was able to open the driver's door with one of the two Datsun keys on my keyring. But you might bring all your Datsun keys and/or a wire coat hanger in case the doors get locked again. When I do a "serious" trip to P&S I take a bag of Datsun keys along with lots of other tools. But yesterday was a "quick look at P&S", so I just had my small tool bag and the keys on my ring.

Len

Today I saw a '76 2-door 610 at Pull n Save North Spokane WA. I think the model is a sedan (?). Rear quarter window looks like the first pic in post #2122 (page 107) of this thread.

Its a Coupe. On a 610, the hardtop is the giveaway (hardtop door windows don't have frames)

Post 2122 of this topic

This is my 610 and it has the blanks in the holes where you have indicators, they are black here standard. Are the ones in the pic you posted clear or painted silver?

IMG_3119_zpsd750f271.jpg

dude fails horribly at chopping wheels as well as a few other things but i want to learn that color change deal he did changing color has been something ive been trying to figure out for a while 

dude fails horribly at chopping wheels as well as a few other things but i want to learn that color change deal he did changing color has been something ive been trying to figure out for a while

Select the areas you want to change, hit CTRL+U and adjust your sliders accordingly. Make sure your selection is a duplicated version of the area and it's on a new layer.

what all is done interally to support the dual carbs ?

Not a thing. Dual DCOEs run just fine on a stock engine, as long as they are choked and jetted correctly. 

The original engine was in fantastic shape, so it was only pulled out for a reseal and some paint. At some point in the future it will get a better head and a hotter cam, though.   :thumbup: