610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, wanted to show you my 610 which now is being dismantled for restoration in Poland. In mean time I'm looking for some nice 14" rims. I often see these coupes with wider rims at the rear, which I think looks good. Compared to the front, how much more wheel width is available at the rear? Is it an inch?

image11_zps8cd359aa.jpg

image2_zpsb0d02847.jpg

• Like 1

You can fit 15"x 9" very comfortably wider if you want to roll the guards

No no no no no... don't compromise the body just for some damn rims!!! I have S110 factory 5.5 JJ X14 aluminum mags on my 710 and the fit is fine. (assume the sister 610 is similar) I had 215/60R14" on them and they look plenty meaty and they clear the fender when lowered. Could maybe go wider if inward towards the body but why bother?

No no no no no... don't compromise the body just for some damn rims!!!

Rolling fender lips doesn't compromise the body any more than a dent in the fender does.

I have S110 factory 5.5 JJ X14 aluminum mags on my 710 and the fit is fine. (assume the sister 610 is similar)

It's not even remotely similar. First off the 610 is IRS, and has infinitely more room under the rear fenders than a 710.  ;)

Wheel fitment on the 710 is more akin to a 510, that is to say you can't really fit anything wider than an 8" wheel. Wheel fitment on a 610 is more closely related to an 810 or 240Z/280Z (as in 9s are an easy fit).  :thumbup:

Rolling fender lips doesn't compromise the body any more than a dent in the fender does.

It's not even remotely similar. First off the 610 is IRS, and has infinitely more room under the rear fenders than a 710.  ;)

Wheel fitment on the 710 is more akin to a 510, that is to say you can't really fit anything wider than an 8" wheel. Wheel fitment on a 610 is more closely related to an 810 or 240Z/280Z (as in 9s are an easy fit).  :thumbup:

What I mean is the lip adds rigidity to the wheel well arch. Also with the lip rolled flat your eye sees no rounding just a sharp cut off edge.

It's whatever... Not saying don't do it to those who have. I'd like those who haven't yet to just think about not doing it. Myself, I believe the body should never be defiled by piercing, altered or cut to make something fit or to add something on or kept to a bare minimum and reversible. Oh, I can't stand louvers cut into hoods or anywhere else. Tacky non factory hood scoops, box flairs, most wheel flairs, all non stock rear spoilers, wide body 'kits'.  To each... his own.  

• 3 weeks later...