610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i would love to find out more about that bob tail. aftermarket? BTW, black wheels are tits

The bob tail I am using comes off a Holden torana XU1. It has a round hole for the lock already in it and it is about an inch wider that the boot lid either side. I just need to mould the ends of it to suit the rear fenders. I got it off ebay for $80

nice.. would love to see it once its on d car. In fact, would love to see ur whole car once its done

It's far from ready, I'm getting the rust/dents fixed next week and ideally i'd like to have it painted by christmas. I'm still waiting on a heap of parts to arrive like '73 JDM SSS front grille, fender mirrors, adjustable lower control arms and adjustable castor rods and rear coilovers.

I already have front coilovers and camber tops, a bigger sway bar, new carpet, JDM round dash and R31 skyline rear disc brakes.

My wish list (which will happen in time) is HR31 front struts with R32 GTR brakes bolted on and a non turbo SR20 with quad throttle bodies

no sir. S2000 are about 2800+ lbs while our 610s are 2200 - 2300.... give or take.

U are prolly thinking of miatas w/c is about the same 2200 at least for the 1st gen.

edit: 1st gen miata: 2080lbs (soft top only)

2nd gen miata: 2350lbs (soft top only)

datsun 610: 2290lbs

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/590579-what-makes-an-s2k-so-heavy/

I'm buying the motor out of my mates toyota ae86 which he just brought back from america. I'm getting the motor, box, loom and standard ecu. The loom has already been adapted to suit the ae86 so it will be very easy to make it suit the datsun, the hard part has been done. 240hp from a 2l motor that revs to 9000 rpm in a datsun just sounds like a lot of fum

im not think about it the whole car is run by electronics there is a good 7-10 computers in the damn thing miles of wiring not to mention all the safety crap including the srs system roll bars all that good crap what surprises me is that a first gen miata is lighter though i wanna know where your getting your 610 weight figures my car weighs 2300lbs with my fat 330 lb ass in it and a full tank 

That is ok guys. You do not have to agree with me, we can "agree to disagree"

My idea of a light sports car , small and convertible 2 seater is different. Had we talked about a larger car ( i.e. Nissan 350/370 ) then I could understand.

Yes there are many things in that car that could add matter but there are also many lighter items ,parts and materials used, aluminum, plastics, even wiring being of better conductive copper which is lighter yet more efficient.

We all have different expectations. Enjoy what you have.

Ok "sir".

i meant no offense on that expression. I meant respect. sorry for misunderstanding.

Before my 610, I had the 1st gen miata. Those soft top frame are about 80lbs & that's manual. The soft top itself is 12-15lbs & that is w/ plastic rear window. S2k's softrop frame are heavier & the soft top has glass window. Them alone are prolly 220+ lbs.

To give a weight perspective, a friend on mine recently have to dismantle an early to mid 90's Porsche 911. The complete wiring harness weighed more than 300lbs on a fully loaded car, just the wires not motors no computers attached.

I also now own a 610 goon. Oics to come....