610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the US are those lights indicators or parkers?

They are not indicators, but you could modify them easily to be if you wanted ;)

Yes and no. Yes, they are markers. modifying them to be indicators could be done, but with the rarity of the 73 housings, I have always been apprehensive in doing do. 

So they just light up red when you put your lights on. I have a guy in Japan that found me some rear lights but they are orange

That is correct. Just marker lamps when you pull the parking light switch.

The orange ones you speak of are for the front.

There lights turned up the other day for my SSS. It has a SSS badge on it, can anyone tell me if this is standard? I know they come with a Datsun but I didnt know if there is two different ones. They are from Japan not America. 

IMG_3177_zpsb6ace7b2.jpg

Also I got these rims for it. 15x8 -0 and 15x9 -10 

IMG_3160_zpsd6c962ec.png

I'm still waiting for my JDM front grille and fender mirrors to arrive too

• Like 1

IMG_3177_zpsb6ace7b2.jpg

I have never seen one with the SSS emblem in the center garnish before. Usually has a 'Nissan' emblem in the place of that SSS badge. I will need to check my parts catalog to verify this.

unless the jdm lenses have holes in them to mount something to it that isnt the stock location that is the reverse light it doesnt make any sense to put a badge on a light the badge would just obscure the light 

Does not look fake. But it could had been a well done job.  Thing is there is no record of SSS 180Bs with these tail light assemblies.

But it is possible. There are so many combinations in the Datsun world that yes it is possible.

Middle East got some strange cars. There could be a SSS LHD version, or a RHD version with these tail lights.

There are some numbers on the lense. SAE R71 IKI 4029-1   Anyone with a Datsun parts book handy ????

• 3 weeks later...

This is the rears sitting flush but they will need to be spaced out once I lower it.

image_zps37aff2ab.jpg

The front fender is just resting there it isn't bolted on.

image_zps038d90c0.jpg

The front sit outside a bit.

image_zpsddf0f7cd.jpg

Once I paint the car and get it passes it's road worthy certificate I will lower it as much as I can get it.