610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The guy I bought it off in Japan told me this.

"That grille is one of the best condition early grilles I have ever had. It is the 610 1600 SSS grille which is black around the head lights, but grey on the grille where as the 610 1800 SSS was totally all black."

That is one nice grill regardless. 100% better than mine.

Need ur help 610rs. Recently, I just replaced my voltage regulator (in June).  Last week, my battery was drained. I was almost sure it was my alternator. Got the battery charged & took the 610 to get my alt checked. It should up as failed voltage regulator. Got that replaced for a new one & it still showing as failed voltage regulator.

I am now thinking i have a bad connection (possibly the vr connector) or one of these....

10423437415_61e0ae0b21.jpg

But what are these called?  Has anybody had this issue before?

Many thanks in advance

those are relays for various things such as horns how are you testing the regulator? put a mutlimeter on it while the car is running you want it anywhere between 13.5 and 15 volts any higher or lower your gonna have issues 

personally i would just upgrade the charging system i did a write up on it let me track it down 

edit found it 

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/21387-how-to-install-gm-105-amp-alternator/?hl=bonvo

That is one nice grill regardless. 100% better than mine.

Need ur help 610rs. Recently, I just replaced my voltage regulator (in June).  Last week, my battery was drained. I was almost sure it was my alternator. Got the battery charged & took the 610 to get my alt checked. It should up as failed voltage regulator. Got that replaced for a new one & it still showing as failed voltage regulator.

I am now thinking i have a bad connection (possibly the vr connector) or one of these....

10423437415_61e0ae0b21.jpg

But what are these called?  Has anybody had this issue before?

Many thanks in advance

Green - Aftermarket Added Relay, not stock

Blue - Appears to be the Horn Relay (If it has a 3 wire connector, then this is correct)

Yellow (Left Relay) - Appears to be Auto Choke relay (If the connector has 4 wires AND is the female end, then this is correct)

Yellow (Right Relay) - Appears to be the Interlock Relay (If the connector has 6 wires AND all the wires are different colors, then this is correct)

I hope this helps. 

My highest suggestion goes to getting a bottle of vinegar. Get a small plastic cup (Like a cup that holds a few ounces) and fill a few with clean vinegar. Disconnect the battery. Let the connectors sit in the vinegar bath for an hour or so and lightly clean the "male" spades with 300 grit sand paper. Reattach the connectors and call it done.

Green - Aftermarket Added Relay, not stock

Blue - Appears to be the Horn Relay (If it has a 3 wire connector, then this is correct)

Yellow (Left Relay) - Appears to be Auto Choke relay (If the connector has 4 wires AND is the female end, then this is correct)

Yellow (Right Relay) - Appears to be the Interlock Relay (If the connector has 6 wires AND all the wires are different colors, then this is correct)

I hope this helps. 

My highest suggestion goes to getting a bottle of vinegar. Get a small plastic cup (Like a cup that holds a few ounces) and fill a few with clean vinegar. Disconnect the battery. Let the connectors sit in the vinegar bath for an hour or so and lightly clean the "male" spades with 300 grit sand paper. Reattach the connectors and call it done.

Did this last week but im still having voltage regulator issue. It maybe a grounding or relay issue(s). I will have to check all the wires.

and because its from the factory they will cost triple the cost of any repos

The thing is, none of it is "from the factory".

The parts production was farmed out to vendors. Quickor made a lot of their sway bars, Kirkey made most of their headers, etc.

Nissan bought them in bulk, shipped them in, reboxed them, then shipped them out. As such they were rarely much more expensive (if at all) than their "aftermarket" counterparts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been on here in ages i feel bad. That's gonna be one nice SSS when its done simon. cant wait to see more progress. 

my B is currently under going a weight loss died, and iv got a l20b to stick in it. ill just leave this here.

IMAG0030.jpg

• Like 1