bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Any of you 610'ers know if a 510 oil pan will fit an L-series 610??? ... or vise versa?

510 pan fits into 610. 610 pan does NOT fit into 510. 

Sump is the same shape and same location 510/610/620, but the sump in the 610/620 is longer and rubs the steering center link in a 510. 

Side note: 610 and 620 pan appear to be identical. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks-

I'm the car designer who restored the orange 1975 Datsun 610 some years ago.  

Just discovered this forum, and read through the thread.  How cool.  I figured that, since my (former) car and I have been mentioned multiple times here over the years, I'd go ahead and contribute myself!

Here are some photos of it; from it's original restoration process, to it's shiny happy times, to (possibly?) it's return to basket case status after I sold it:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.85488077197.84015.531557197&type=1&l=1bdd5bfa1d

A little about the car I knew as "RobesPierre":  I bought him in the late 90's in Tampa Bay, Florida, as a tired, ratty, but solid runabout.  I drove him from Florida to Michigan in the dead of winter, and the car got me through four years at College for Creative Studies (car design school) in Detroit.  I always promised the car, that if he kept me safe, and made it through our time in the "dirty city," that I would restore him.  Robes kept his end of the bargain, and so did I.  Heck, he even saved me from a mugger and his mother once (yes, they were a team, but that's a much longer and humorous story better told over beers or shots.)   So, true to my word, when I was hired out of school by Nissan Design, I had him shipped to sunny San Diego, and treated the car to a full tear-down, rebuild restoration.  

Not sure where the car is today.  Maybe someone out there knows whatever became of him?

All my best.  You seem like a very cool group, based on this incredibly fun, years long thread.

Viva Bluebird-U!

Bryan Thompson

http://www.BryanThompsonDesign.com

^^Nice car, Bryan!

I remember your car at a JCCS once, a few years back. I haven't seen or heard about it in a long time.

I second the motion - where has this 610 gone?

• Like 1